• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Careful with those SIGs, they are addicting.
    The one I looked at was a DA/SA P229 .45 acp and it looks like it might take the leed all together. I got an offer to make payment plans on a SS Kimber match? for $800 but I don't have the money to put in to it right now but if that tax return is big enough next year I will get the gun I want whatever it may be at the time.
    Gun Zone Deals

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    The one I looked at was a DA/SA P229 .45 acp and it looks like it might take the leed all together. I got an offer to make payment plans on a SS Kimber match? for $800 but I don't have the money to put in to it right now but if that tax return is big enough next year I will get the gun I want whatever it may be at the time.

Which model? The P220 is the only .45acp model available (with the exception of their 1911s) from SIG. The P229 is a fantastic gun (I have the 9mm) that is available in 9mm, .40s&w, and .357sig. The DA pull on most SIGs tends to suck and be a bit gritty, but the SA is always nice and crisp and decent on the weight. That Kimber Match should also be a sweet shooter and the price sounds reasonable too. Between those two, you are definitely on the verge of a serious addiction. A SIG addiction with a side of 1911 addiction is expensive. Throw in a growing fondness for stainless wheelguns and you're screwed. Ask me how I know.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    If you haven't shot a P220 before, you might want to wait until you have money to do so because you will likely want to buy one afterwards. Especially if you enjoy .45s. They are a joy to shoot and extremely accurate and reliable out of the box. If you and I find ourselves anywhere near a gunrange together, you are welcome to shoot one of my P220s to see how you like it.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    If you haven't shot a P220 before, you might want to wait until you have money to do so because you will likely want to buy one afterwards. Especially if you enjoy .45s. They are a joy to shoot and extremely accurate and reliable out of the box. If you and I find ourselves anywhere near a gunrange together, you are welcome to shoot one of my P220s to see how you like it.
    Thanks for the offer! I do know that the 45 in a glock sub compact is a mother to control! but I like the 1 or 2 1911's that I shot, and folks say that except the DA first shot they shoot a lot alike. And if you ever get down this way look me up I'll shoot your gun for you ;)

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    If you are worried about money (as we all are nowadays), then be careful looking into Kimbers! Addiction=Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II. Mmmm, Kimber. I'm a newlywed - but older guy - who is new to buying weapons, so each choice [like you are doing] should be methodical. Good job and good luck...thanks for the thread!

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I am a fan of ye ol .45 ACP for police work.

PM me Big Country and I can tell you my duty set up.

I currently use the XD45 Tactical two-tone with TFO sights. (photos is not my gun)

xd45web.jpg

Top Bottom