• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I know I've asked on a different thread but I want to ask a wider audiance. Wich would make a better duty cary gun. I have alredy decided and even got advice from some about the XD but .40 or .45(acp). That is the question.
    Military Camp

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Can't address the duty carry issue; but, since the ammo for both is high I would vote for the .45-more horsepower. XD's are awesome and had a 4" 40 a while back. Wish I still did.

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I vote for the XD45Service only because it is what I have. That, and I have never warmed to the .40SW--

But know either way, you will have a great pistol..

Good luck!

TXCrossfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    No expert on duty carry here either but I several different barrel lengths of the .45XD

I prefer the knockdown power of .45 but then again I don’t have to worry about departmental approval, protection, etc

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm NOT A LEO I had to say that for legal reasons you know, cyoa. I do private security and we get our commission license threw the same office at DPS that the CHL's do but ours also has to go threw the Texas private security bureau. Now that I cleared that up I also found a brand new xd45 service w/out night sights, w/3-13rd mags for $557 plus tax at GT's (a shop in Austin for police, fire/ems ,security& military etc...) the only problem is my commission license is still not hear and you have to prove your status in order to buy fire arms, ammo and I think anything from GT's. (I could be wrong) $430 for the xd 40. I could also get a glock 45 for around $430 I think, but I'm not sure I don't like glocks so I don't pay um much attn. any way I think I,m going to get that xd45 when my license gets in but I'd still like to hear every one's thoughts on the topic. 40 followers, still time to plead your case.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Too bad the Texas Private Security Bureau doesn't also screen for grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Just messing with you, but I did have to read more than once to figure out where thoughts ended and started and translate the misspelled and misused words to figure it out. :1zhelp: ;)

bunkysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Garland Tx
    That is a no brainer! You need em both. I have a .45 but it is a Colt Series 80. Man I love that pistol and love the .45 in general. I have the XD40 4" service and it shoots like a dream. Plenty accurate, nice easy to pick up sights, and 12 round mag. If I only could have one, I might lean toward to 45 but that is just because I love the round so much, but you know you won't go wrong either way. I saw a dealer (SAW) that had the XDm40 at the Bigtown gunshow in Mesquite for about 550.00 cash. about 500.00 cash for the xd40. Springfield just has some nice stuff.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    next order of business Holsters

any one out there know of any duty type holsters for the XD 45 service, because I can't seem to find them anywhere. I have not bought the gun yet but I'm going with the 45.:1zhelp: I forgot to ask, is there is any special break in period for a new gun? this will be the first gun I buy brand new and I was wondering if the "breaking in" thing is true or just people talking.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I found that my hand fits the 40 better than the 45, so it will probably take the 45 out of the picture. But a friend of mine just heard of my delima and happens to have one of each and offered to take them to the range for me to try out, as long as I buy the ammo. So I think I will take him up on that offer before I buy. And in case any one needs to know I was able to find to holsters for the XD as far as duty carry the Safariland 6280 and a 5.11 tactical (I think the 5.11 is kydex)
    the 5.11 says it will fit the 357 and 40 but says nothing about the 45

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I don't know about the 45, but I have the XD40 service model, and I love it!!! I went back and forth on calibers, between 9, 40 and 45. With the price and availability of 45, I decided against it as I need to have alot of practice. I still wanted a larger round than the 9mm, and so I went with the .40. I can still find .40 cal on average and it's a little bit easier on the wallet than what little .45 I've been able to find. Take your friend up on the offer to try 'em both...I would tell you to go with the .40, but I'm biased...lol...(it rocks)

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    holster

I haven't found a holster yet, but I also haven't had much time to look either. I know that DirtyD says he uses the Comp-Tac Minotaur for concealed carry of a XD 40 service model, but as far as for duty carry I'm not sure what is out there. Check out [url]http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php[/URL] Maybe something on there will be what you want.

Dave_H

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Hockley, TX
    Let's see...45 or 40?

Both are proven man-stoppers. What is more important is that you are proficient in handling a pistol and are able to shoot accurately under stress. Go with which ever pistol you are most comfortable and proficient with.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    What I want to know is, what do you prefer or had problems with? I just want every one's opinion on the ones they have shot or own. I looked at and handled the 40 with trijicon NS on it yesterday and fell in love all over again. (don't tell my fiance) I also looked at an M&P 40 and did not like the grips, they don't feel right and it didn't point good for me. It felt to much like a Glock.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I haven't found a holster yet, but I also haven't had much time to look either. I know that DirtyD says he uses the Comp-Tac Minotaur for concealed carry of a XD 40 service model, but as far as for duty carry I'm not sure what is out there. Check out [URL="http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php"][url]http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php[/URL][/URL] Maybe something on there will be what you want.
    Thanks for the link I will dig a little deeper when I have time, nothing on the first try tho.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I don't know about the XD45, but I have owned an XD-40 Service for about 6 years now and it has never given a lick of trouble. Hits where I aim and never jams and I have run about 5 different HPs through it.

I'd carry it if I was a cop..a pistol that gives no trouble and does not go down is always high on my list! LOL

- brickboy240

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom