• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Anybody know of a place in the DFW area that can change out sights on XD???? Cant seem to find anybody. Last option is to send it to Springfield but don't feel like waiting 3 to 4 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

JADB

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I'm sure some one will be along with the right answer in a bit. If you have to send it off you have the option of Springer Precision, Powder River, Pistol Gear and several others that specialize in XD's.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Oh wow. Thanks! Didn't even think about using someone other than Springfield.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Any gunsmith should be able to do this, they are just driftable sights, they are not uber special. There is a gunsmith at the corner of Josey and Beltline in Carrolton, SPS Guns I think is what its called. I have been in there and he seems like a good guy, and I know he has plenty of room for work. Try there and report back how it goes.

Russell B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Plano
    XDs do require a special sight tool. I do not know of a gunsmith in DFW that has one. Canyon Creek does great work.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    XDs do require a special sight tool. I do not know of a gunsmith in DFW that has one. Canyon Creek does great work.

Right! I believe its an actual press from what everybody is telling me. I will definitely check the place in Carrolton and let ya know.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Any gunsmith should be able to do this, they are just driftable sights, they are not uber special. There is a gunsmith at the corner of Josey and Beltline in Carrolton, SPS Guns I think is what its called. I have been in there and he seems like a good guy, and I know he has plenty of room for work. Try there and report back how it goes.

So SPS says they can do it, but will probably break the old sights getting them out. Not only that, they want $125 to do it! Thats what i freakin paid for the sights!!

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch

I watched the guy at my range back home install my Meprolights on my XD40 and Williams firesights on my XDM without any special tools other than a vice..

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    I watched the guy at my range back home install my Meprolights on my XD40 and Williams firesights on my XDM without any special tools other than a vice..

Well evidently thats all you need! Found a guy in Denton that changed them out in 20 minutes for $20! All he used was a vice, hammer and large punch tool. Hell i've got that in my garage. It looked SOO easy. Why do so many people hate changing them out??

Info just in case you need it. Really nice guy. Runs his business out of a shop behind his house.

Larry Pockrus
    mobile: 214-801-1507

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Well evidently thats all you need! Found a guy in Denton that changed them out in 20 minutes for $20! All he used was a vice, hammer and large punch tool. Hell i've got that in my garage. It looked SOO easy. Why do so many people hate changing them out??

Info just in case you need it. Really nice guy. Runs his business out of a shop behind his house.

Larry Pockrus
    mobile: 214-801-1507

Good for you man!!! I knew you'd get it figured out!

Top Bottom