• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    Does anybody know what's the scoop with the "XDTalk.com" forum. Tried getting on that last night and this morning. It's a "no-go"
    Texas SOT

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Yes, it DOES have a history of going down alot. I get "d-base errors" alot and sometimes when you try to post, it takes forever or I get the "page cannot be displayed" warning.

They must be on a crappy server...its service is spotty at best.

- brickboy240

lance22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Minnesota, USA
    That server goes down more than Clay Aiken at an Elton John party.

I've been a member there for a long time. I used to own an XD but sold it, kept going to the XDForum for the 'political view' which apparently has been taken over by Obama Cheerleaders who are either trolls or idiot gun owners who are glad to vote away their 2A rights.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Been a member there a while and used to have a lot of trouble. Got a new server for the site a few months ago and the other night was the 1st "outage" since the new server went online that I remember. RimfireCentral had the same problem last weekend. Probably too many of us gun nuts on line at one time.

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    For all the money they raise to replace equipment all the time, that site should be up 24/7/365.

I stop by every once in a while, but don't get much useful info there anymore. When I ask a legitimate question, I get very little (if any) response. But let someone post something controversial (or heaven forbid they make a mistake in posting something about their XD), and the post count is through the roof.

Love my XD's... but I don't visit that site much any longer.

All the best,
    Glenn

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Servers can get really expensive, especially with forums due to the amount of load they can put on the server at peak time. You'll get 200 - 300 people on at a given moment and that takes up alot of resources, especially considering most boxes these days aren't really optimized for forums and the number of database connections.

I've upgraded servers twice in the short time we've been on the net. If we keep growing we'll have to move up again, and the next option is pretty pricey.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I pretty much stopped going to other forums when I found this place. Still visit the USCCA and texaschl forum every once in a blue moon

Top Bottom