• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Well, the TXSG just notified us that for a new security support mission ready package we are building, we are required to carry a 9mm from specific manufacturers, Springfield Armory being one of them.

There is a exception to policy process I am pursing to carry my XD or XDM 45, but in case that doesn't get approved I will be in the market for a used XD or XDM (no XDS or XDE) in 9mm.

Prefer full sized grips over compact. Barrel length can be service (4") or tactical (5") lengths.

Three mags and a retention holster of any sort a plus!

And no, I am not interested in any Glocks!

Tell me what you have and how much you are asking. The closer to San Antonio the better!

Cheers! M2
    Hurley's Gold

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Well, the TXSG just notified us that for a new security support mission ready package we are building, we are required to carry a 9mm from specific manufacturers, Springfield Armory being one of them.

There is a exception to policy process I am pursing to carry my XD or XDM 45, but in case that doesn't get approved I will be in the market for a used XD or XDM (no XDS or XDE) in 9mm.

Prefer full sized grips over compact. Barrel length can be service (4") or tactical (5") lengths.

Three mags and a retention holster of any sort a plus!

And no, I am not interested in any Glocks!

Tell me what you have and how much you are asking. The closer to San Antonio the better!

Cheers! M2
    Just curious, but why do they want the springfield? Aren't they less reliable than others? I've heard bad things about the grip safety failing. I stopped carrying mine because of that and have decided to trade off both my xds and xdm (45) for glocks if I can.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Just curious, but why do they want the springfield? Aren't they less reliable than others? I've heard bad things about the grip safety failing. I stopped carrying mine because of that and have decided to trade off both my xds and xdm (45) for glocks if I can.

Springfield is just one of the eight manufacturers listed. As the document is restricted, I won't list the other seven.

As for XD/XDMs failing, that's a new one on me. I've been carrying them for 15 years now, and have put thousands of rounds down all of them, and have never had any issues whatsoever with them.

In fact, I have never heard of a grip safety failing on one. Care to share more documentation on that? Not anecdotal accounts, but real hard evidence of that claim! As far as I've seen, it's a jealous Glock fanboi myth...

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    What about the PX4 Storm in 9m? 17 rds with 20 round mags available, I bought a fobus retention holster that works great. I’ve used it on several occasions out in rough terrain and very active crawling over downed trees, ect.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Springfield is just one of the eight manufacturers listed. As the document is restricted, I won't list the other seven.

As for XD/XDMs failing, that's a new one on me. I've been carrying them for 15 years now, and have put thousands of rounds down all of them, and have never had any issues whatsoever with them.

In fact, I have never heard of a grip safety failing on one. Care to share more documentation on that? Not anecdotal accounts, but real hard evidence of that claim! As far as I've seen, it's a jealous Glock fanboi myth...

I don't have hard evidence so I guess it's all hearsay more or less. There is a sear for the grip safety that fails that causes the pistol to lock up with a round in the chamber. I've heard several stories of guns having to be shipped back to the mfg with a loaded round in the chamber because they couldn't operate the slide with the grip safety not working and couldn't fire the gun. Then I recently came across a video from active self protection talking about the XD pistols which seemed to add some merit to the claim.

Just left a little doubt in my mind. Combined with the ambidextrous mag release on the XDs causing my mag to pop out and get lost... I'm over the XDs 9mm. I'm planning to trade it out for a g19 with more rounds.

The XDm 5.25 45acp is a nice pistol though and I'm on the fence about getting rid of it really. It shoots great. But I've only.put 400-500 rounds though it.

Again, this is all only what I've heard. I haven't had those issues myself. Take it for what it's worth and if yours work then keep carrying them.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I don't have hard evidence so I guess it's all hearsay more or less. There is a sear for the grip safety that fails that causes the pistol to lock up with a round in the chamber. I've heard several stories of guns having to be shipped back to the mfg with a loaded round in the chamber because they couldn't operate the slide with the grip safety not working and couldn't fire the gun. Then I recently came across a video from active self protection talking about the XD pistols which seemed to add some merit to the claim.

Just left a little doubt in my mind. Combined with the ambidextrous mag release on the XDs causing my mag to pop out and get lost... I'm over the XDs 9mm. I'm planning to trade it out for a g19 with more rounds.

The XDm 5.25 45acp is a nice pistol though and I'm on the fence about getting rid of it really. It shoots great. But I've only.put 400-500 rounds though it.

Again, this is all only what I've heard. I haven't had those issues myself. Take it for what it's worth and if yours work then keep carrying them.

Yet you bought a Glock?!? No "little doubt" here! :eek: :eek::eek:

1602003485315.png
    1602003493900.png
    1602003526853.png
    1602003564565.png

1602003579017.png
    1602003607806.png

1602003627803.png
    1602003662082.png

Attachments

• 1602003596521.png
      1602003596521.png
      57.5 KB · Views: 90

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ya that worries me about glocks too. Are those 40s with unsupported chambers? I worry about that with my g23 but I'm also not hot rodding my 40 loads at all for that reason.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    And don't get me wrong. I'm no Glock fanboi either. I'm a Ruger kinda guy myself. Wish they sold a compact version of the p-series pistols. I'd carry that any day. I haven't shot the SR series yet though so no opinions on them as of yet.

Top Bottom