• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GennadiyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I’ve had the basic 4 inch XD 9 mm for about 10 years now with maybe..three thousand rounds through it, no upgrades and just standard cleaning after use.

Not a single malfunction ever with a few different types of ammo ran through it. Decent shooter, solid, reliable..why doesnt the XD line get the love that lets say the Glock19 might? Im not aware of any mil/LE contracts for them either..kind of surprising. I still have the XD next to my bed at night, its just the one i trust most at this point to go bang when I need it to (and yes I own glocks) any thoughts?
    Gun Zone Deals

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I run my XDm at competitions, no complaints either. I like the grip and angle much better than Glocks. The popularity is there, judging from wide availability of accessories etc.
    No idea on LE agencies' SOP for selecting a duty weapon, I bet someone will chime in with some good information.

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I have a couple of XDm....45 and 9....and they have been great shooters with no problems.
    As far as LE, two things against them.
    Made in Croatia.
    Glock LE pricing.
    There are several good choices that never get picked for LE, because cost is a (the) major concern, and Glock (and some others) aggressively attacks that market.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Never heard a bad thing about them other than they're not an overpriced Glock. I had a XDsc 9mm before. Great gun, but my wife had trouble with the grip safety. I sold it only because of that. I may get a Hellcat or a XDE if I find a good deal....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've shot a XD45 and was pleasantly surprised. It seemed weird to me after shooting Glocks and Sig steel guns. Like the axis was very different. But I shot it well with good groups.

My buddy who had a couple of them passed away. He was the only one I shoot with that had one.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Never heard a bad thing about them other than they're not an overpriced Glock. I had a XDsc 9mm before. Great gun, but my wife had trouble with the grip safety. I sold it only because of that. I may get a Hellcat or a XDE if I find a good deal....
    You cant call glocks overpriced when the XD was a $300 gun before SAI got it.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I’ve had the basic 4 inch XD 9 mm for about 10 years now with maybe..three thousand rounds through it, no upgrades and just standard cleaning after use.

Not a single malfunction ever with a few different types of ammo ran through it. Decent shooter, solid, reliable..why doesnt the XD line get the love that lets say the Glock19 might? Im not aware of any mil/LE contracts for them either..kind of surprising. I still have the XD next to my bed at night, its just the one i trust most at this point to go bang when I need it to (and yes I own glocks) any thoughts?
    Just wait till you try a HS 2000.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    XD's have been submitted for quite a few LE contracts, however most agencies want a simple striker fired handgun, not one with a grip safety that is not only poorly shaped and sized, but can prevent the gun from being cleared if it breaks.

Houston PD approved an XD for ether off duty or as a BUG, but disallowed it after like a month.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    XD's have been submitted for quite a few LE contracts, however most agencies want a simple striker fired handgun, not one with a grip safety that is not only poorly shaped and sized, but can prevent the gun from being cleared if it breaks.

Houston PD approved an XD for ether off duty or as a BUG, but disallowed it after like a month.
    Can you please expand on the clearing of the gun being prevented by the grip safety? I am confused. The grip safety prevents firing of the gun, it has nothing to do with the slide.

FWIW, when a gun breaks, it is broken and thus an expectation of it functioning properly goes out the window. Doesn't matter what brand a gun is, if it breaks, it is broken.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THEM IN THE PAST AND FOUND THEM TO BE RELIABLE AND DECENTLY ACCURATETHE GRIP ANGLE FIT MY HAND BETTER THAN THE GLOCK
    eh, exception not the rule, yknow man? im sure there is some guy who has 7 quintillion rounds through their XD with no issue, but I personally dont like their QC track record

Top Bottom