Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I’ve had the basic 4 inch XD 9 mm for about 10 years now with maybe..three thousand rounds through it, no upgrades and just standard cleaning after use.

Not a single malfunction ever with a few different types of ammo ran through it. Decent shooter, solid, reliable..why doesnt the XD line get the love that lets say the Glock19 might? Im not aware of any mil/LE contracts for them either..kind of surprising. I still have the XD next to my bed at night, its just the one i trust most at this point to go bang when I need it to (and yes I own glocks) any thoughts?
    <>

For me, and for many, it was the ’’American Rifleman’s’’ repeatedly running various XD models as features & cover photos.

Just got sick of seeing them over-&-over !

<>

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    <>

For me, and for many, it was the ’’American Rifleman’s’’ repeatedly running various XD models as features & cover photos.

Just got sick of seeing them over-&-over !

<>
    If it's between the front and back cover of American Rifleman then I'll never see it - it goes directly from mailbox to trash.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    If it's between the front and back cover of American Rifleman then I'll never see it - it goes directly from mailbox to trash.

Understood.

I read the technical articles and ‘’new’’ item reports.

LaPierre had become an Enemy of Us the People !

leVieux

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I’ve had the basic 4 inch XD 9 mm for about 10 years now with maybe..three thousand rounds through it, no upgrades and just standard cleaning after use.

Not a single malfunction ever with a few different types of ammo ran through it. Decent shooter, solid, reliable..why doesnt the XD line get the love that lets say the Glock19 might? Im not aware of any mil/LE contracts for them either..kind of surprising. I still have the XD next to my bed at night, its just the one i trust most at this point to go bang when I need it to (and yes I own glocks) any thoughts?

My XD experience was vastly different. 2 failures in not very harsh environments. Thanks goodness I didn’t have to depend on my life with it at those times.

Sold it, went to Glock and have never looked back. And zero failures even in much harsher environments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Im sure that some of you have a story of the one that got away, well mine was an XD45 that I carried for many years. I used it on a couple of my CHL requalification's and it was extremely accurate and never had a malfunction. I ended up selling it to one of my buddies that offered me way too much money and I just could not pass it up. He still carries it today. I then transitioned into and XDM in 10mm and it has so far been a great gun. I do not carry it as I carry a Wilson Combat Professional in .45acp.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I carry an XD compact most of the time when I carry concealed. Open could be anything but usually a revolver or 1911.
    This XD has many thousands of rounds through it without a failure. The only thing I've done to it is install a Powder River trigger kit (fantastic).

Something I picked up while installing the trigger kit, you can usually unlock the slide on an XD through the back with a small screwdriver or punch, manually push down the sear while holding in the grip safety.

oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    I regret selling my XD-M 9mm compact. I also have a carbine conversion unit from mechtech systems that enables you to turn it into a carbine for long-range usage in an arguably pretty specific SHTF scenario ... or for just fun plinking.

My primary is a Glock G19 now. More reliability, more accessories, etc. But I still wish I didn't sell that XD-M.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Berettas are durable guns, however if you over clean and under maintain like the military, it'll fall apart real quick.
    CIMG3011.JPG
    CIMG3012.JPG
    Or if you are shooting 9mm NATO in an early M9 (pre 92FS).

This pistol was issued to an Afghan Coalition Partner from Colombia in 2013. My understanding is that it was NOT issued to this Non-NATO partner by the US Army, but by some other US Govt agency...something like foreign military aid stocks. Notice that there is no slide retention disk peeking out from under the left grip at the rear left rail area. Its a really old M9...pre 92FS.

Colonel Columbia was just shooting some 9 at KMTC when the rear of the slide broke free and tried to enter his eye socket. The slide made two cuts just under his eye and gave him a black eye for a good while. I can't recall if his orbit was chipped or not, but there was a lot of talk about it. He complained about getting "old" equipment from the US, but couldn't explain why he wouldn't wear his "new" eye pro on the range. He didn't get a replacement pistol.

boomerd35

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    I've had an XD40 for many years. I don't shoot regularly, but over the years I've racked up a lot of rounds with the pistol. It just feels good in my hands (grip angle or whatever) and I find it very comfortable- I love shooting it.. Also, I can't remember any malfunctions or FTF over the years (must have been a couple but I don't remember anything). So a reliable pistol for me that I love shooting. BUT I have 2 problems with it: 1. It's a 40 so I can't afford to buy range ammo anymore vs 9mm. and 2. The grip safety thing does scare me. I haven't had any problems with it, but I can see that if the grip safety fails/breaks, I will be stuck with a live round in the chamber that cannot be removed.

SinCityVogel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2022
    Fort Worth
    There is a reason there are no contracts. The XD line is for rookie beginner shooters and they do a lot of advertising in that market. There is more aftermarket support for Glock. The Glock has less parts. The trigger pull is better on all other pistols. Glock also advertises heavily with LE. they even make special 9 lbs pull guns for New York PD. I think the Yeet Cannon rates with the XD

Last edited:

GennadiyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    Sorry about your limp wrist brother, get you a gym membership and some chest hair you’ll be alright

jk jk

The grip safety in a high stress situation/injury is a good point, poor design choice for a duty/combat gun i do get it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Is the operation of the grip safety on the XD line different from the operation on a 1911?

I'm referring to the act of shooting the weapon.
    IIRC THEY OPERATE THE SAME THE WEB OF THE HAND BETWEEN THE THUMB AND FORE-FINGER DEPRESSES THE GRIP SAFETY!
    the grip safety on the XD is notoriously bad, it makes a grip safety on an uzi look like a Cadillac
    FUNNY IHAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH THEMIN THE LEAST!

Top Bottom