• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael Wilson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    XDm-40 or XD-45 (Never mind got a FN 45)

Ok looking to pick up one of these two this weekend. Anyone have anything to say about either one.
    I'm looking for something that will rock and roll out of the box, shoot anything you put in it, and empty the clip even after falling in the mud.
    Right now I'm leaning towards the 45 in 4". Thanks
    Lynx Defense

JMATT199

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Magnolia,tx
    I have XD 9 sub compact & XDm 40. My XDm is awesome. A little hard in the begining. After about 2500 rounds it really got alot smoother. I changed the sights to night sites, and it made a big difference.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I own XD45 and a XD40. Both great guns. Shoot everything without a miss. I like the 45 round better but like the avalibility of the 40 cal. I can find 40 everywhere and 45 no where.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Agreed on the Availability of .40!.. Im a major fan of the .40 and although i have the xd in i think all models???? the XDm is a nicer handgun all around. I would rather have the XDm in .40 and 17rds on a more refined gun than the older designed xd-45 and 14rounds.

JOe

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've got the XDm 40. My favorite gun.

I would like to pick up another .45. I'm looking for a used XD 45. Shot one, rented, at a range. Loved both.

If I could only choose one, XDm .40. I like the round, ammo is cheaper, and I already own/trust it).

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Ok looking to pick up one of these two this weekend. Anyone have anything to say about either one.
    I'm looking for something that will rock and roll out of the box, shoot anything you put in it, and empty the clip even after falling in the mud.
    Right now I'm leaning towards the 45 in 4". Thanks

XDm is a great gun... I have XD40 sc, for my carry...

What are your plans for this gun? Home Defense, Carry, Range Plinking, competition, or all the above?

If you plan on doing any volume in shooting, bullets for the .40 is cheaper than the .45.

Either way, you'll be happy with it.. If not, I can give you my address and I'll take POS off your hands...

Michael Wilson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Well I went with a FN 45 and love it so far. Once I handled it and saw it was made in the USA I went for it and am glad I did. I have only shot a couple of pistols and never did that well with them. I fell pretty good about hitting where I'm aiming with this one already and I've only run a few clips through it. My Son, Daughter and wife have shot it and done well all can hit the target. Almost no recoil to it. I have seen where some people think it may be to big but a friend of my sons (he may go a little over 100#s) can handle it just fine and hit the target. Thanks

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I don't know much about the FNs, but never heard any negative. The important thing is your happy with the gun. Welcome to the gun club and hope you see you on here more.

Top Bottom