• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Just finished this for a buddy of mine, turned out pretty nice. I have not used this blue before and am hoping it darkens up a bit as it cures.
    SU1BRzAwMjguanBn-2.jpg

SU1BRzAwMjkuanBn-2.jpg

SU1BRzAwMzAuanBn-2.jpg
    DK Firearms

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Very nice work. I too hope it darkens up a bit because that blue looks a lot like baby stuff.

Again, your work is very good. The color I am not too fond of.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The design is awesome, can't help but wonder how other colors would look on it.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    How well does duracoating cure/harden/stay user cleaning with solvents and in an ultrasonic cleaner? Have a project Sig I'm looking to restore.

I don't have any issues with solvents and oils causing problems with duracoat. I wouldn't think an ultrasonic cleaner would do anything to it unless you had area that is flaking already either... might be something to try though.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Yeah....I just don't want to be "that one" to try, LOL....I have a Sig P226 I need redone and debating between cerakote and duracoat.

I've got a bolt sleeve for my l1a1 that I duracoated. I dont have a ultrasonic cleaner, But id certainly let someone toss it in theirs to test it.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I take it you spend a good amount of time taping off?

yeah, on this job, there was quite a bit of taping

How well does duracoating cure/harden/stay user cleaning with solvents and in an ultrasonic cleaner? Have a project Sig I'm looking to restore.

When duracoat is applied to a properly prepared surface and allowed to fully cure, it is very durable, solvents and cleaners don't bother it. No experience with the ultrasonic cleaner.

Yeah....I just don't want to be "that one" to try, LOL....I have a Sig P226 I need redone and debating between cerakote and duracoat.

I just got my first order of cerakote for a pardner pump I am refinishing, I will post my results in a few weeks.

I've got a bolt sleeve for my l1a1 that I duracoated. I dont have a ultrasonic cleaner, But id certainly let someone toss it in theirs to test it.

I was thinking about this same offer, let me know if y'all decide to give it a try!

Top Bottom