• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That sounds communist as hell. "The People's Ledger" sounds like something from Russia or Red China.

Barter is going to be big among those who seek to avoid the prying eyes of the communists, or using alternate forms of money - non-government controlled cryptocurrency, precious metals, jewels - whatever. The problem is going to be that to exist in any form other than packing up and moving into the wilds - you have to participate in their system. If gas stations no longer take cash - you'll have no choice but to pay by whatever the new money is. Same with grocery stores, clothing stores, etc.
    It would be smart to start forming those relationships now. Sure, by law you have to pay taxes on bartering, but ...

For people who are able and willing, it's usually not too tough to find some kind of material thing, service, or labor to trade.
    Gun Zone Deals

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The problem is going to be that to exist in any form other than packing up and moving into the wilds - you have to participate in their system. If gas stations no longer take cash - you'll have no choice but to pay by whatever the new money is. Same with grocery stores, clothing stores, etc.
    Have a dead end wage slave job at your local railyard for "legitimacy", and use your side hustles as your real employment.

I'm sure there will be all sorts of exemption for corporations just like there is today, so you could also just live your life as a corporation. Of course that's just another form of control as your corporation only exists at the whim of the state, but as long as you're doing the same things the wealthy do to protect themselves you'll probably be alright.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Looks like New Zealand is gearing up for CBDC. Their central bank put out this nice little article.

What really kills me is this part...
    1637130599241.png

Really? Only two types of "money", and they are both IOUs? An IOU for what, more IOUs? :laughing:

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Fed launches a new "innovation center" to research CBDC.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No one listened to Ron Paul.
    I was at a party with most of his staff and they were breathlessly warning everyone that the greenback was about to be replaced with new money in different sizes and colors. The new stuff would exchange for the old stuff in some way that would screw everybody. The new stuff would have all sorts of systems built around it for the sole purpose of ... somehow ... enslaving the populace. They were pretty hazy on the details. They claimed to have held samples of the new money.

One thing they were sure of was that it was going to happen in as little as 2 weeks or as much as 6 months, absolute maximum.

That party took place in the early 1980s.

Maybe this time things will be different but experience tells me that large institutions change very, very slowly unless they are simply wiped out by some sort of more general collapse.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

They say that we should move to new electronic payments with our phones, via a federal app.
    Of course besides the obvious concern for privacy and spying, one has got to wonder why.
    Don't we already have cashless payment system using cards and mobile apps too?
    If a mobile device dies and one needs to buy a charger to recharge it, how does one pay for it?
    Will the government provide mobile devices for people to use and data plans? Banks currently provide payment devices (cards).
    Who decides how much the feds will charge customers per transaction and monthly fees? Who will control the fees and guarantee they don't get out of hand if the government has monopoly and there is no competition?
    What will prevent the government from seizing customers' funds on a whim?
    Lots more questions, no real answers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The theory sounds good, but in reality I see the possible loss of privacy in private transactions and identity theft and account hacking being huge problems.

Kind of reminds me of how our grandparents and great grandparents didn't trust banks or the federal government. Too much intrusion into our private affairs.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Consider:
    They can track all spending

They can dictate what you spend money on.
    Better hope that thing you want to buy is on the approved list…

They can dictate when you spend money.
    The slow velocity of money is a drag on the economy. We need to get poll numbers up so you need to spend it in the next 2 weeks or you’ll lose it.

They can dictate where you spend your money.
    Steer purchases to regime-friendly Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Oh hell no...........
    OH hell no three times hell no. This is the Dems attempt to get every cent out of us because they are power mad money hungry scumbags who have mismanaged our money for decades. The Republicans have helped spend it too. But they haven't gone batshit crazy yet.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Nope. I use cash whenever possible. I just spent over a week away from home and didn't use anything but cash. I know I was on camera/video a lot, but at least Big Bubba can't CONFIRM I'm spending my money on cheap booze and women with daddy issues!!!

Top Bottom