• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Out with the wife Sat morning hitting some yard sales. Although I usually go reluctantly, I've scored a few things over the years including a vz23 Czech 8mm Mauser and an AR-7. So Sat. this one house has a box of old ammo and after a few minutes I start talking price. It was several boxes of Winchester 12ga #6, box of 30-06, and several dozen loose 7.62x39 laying in the bottom (There was also one plane white box with the ammo type and "Made in Russia".) Also one something that looks like 45 long colt but need to clean it up a bit. The 7.62x39 has a little rust (and dirt) on it I guess from sitting in someone's garage for 20 years. I also found a box of Winchester 40 S&W Black Talon SXT under everything else. Don't think I got too hurt for $20.

So a couple of things come out of this:
    Since the 7.62 is steel and a little rusty (and dirty), is it still safe to shoot after I dust off with some 0000 steel wool? I have an AR chambered in 7.62x39 that's a lot of fun to shoot.
    How is a good way to connect the Black Talon with someone that appreciates its value? Or do I just keep it for my budding antique gun collection?
    Target Sports

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My wife's God parents were in a hostage situation in the 90's. The only weapon available was a S&W .45 revolver loaded with WWII era .45acp. He had it only because he was going to clean it. Confronted the BG near their front door. BG pointed a snubby .38 and he put him down with a second world war gun and ammo. One shot stop. I like to shoot old ammo.

Reactions: MTA
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom