YAY! Finally got my lower

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Texas42, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    After 4 and a half months of wait, I got my RRA lower half and stripped lower.

I'm very excited.

Now all I have to do is find an upper in my price range. .. . . . . . .

2. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Try Model 1 sales last time I looked their prices had not changed much.

3. XDMAR

XDMAR Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Texas Tactical Gear on the Gulf Freeway in Houston has Double Star and RRA lowers in stock as of about 2 weeks ago.

4. baboon

baboon Well-Known

I spoke to my pusher the other day, still nothing from LMT after the said it was scheduled to ship on April 13. I just sent LMT another e-mail.

5. Patrón

Patrón Active Member

Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    at this past show (san antonio 4/25-26) two AR vendors were selling various uppers for about $500 plus (depending if you needed bolt and carrier) a good but pricey shop was SOG ARMORARY. They had Sun Devil complete lowers for the same price as other vendors were selling RRA and DPMS. Their uppers were abuot $600 depending on the railing, handguards and sights. I believe they are in houston.

Online I would check with brownwells or gunbroker.

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just make sure to avoid anything from Blackthorne or Hesse like the plague. I would rather throw bullets than pay money for some of that crap. ;) lol No offense intended to anyone that may own any from those companies.

7. tex45acp

tex45acp Active Member

Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Texas42,

Patron is correct. I was there, in San Antonio as well and thats where I picked up my RRA lower, lower parts group and 6 position stock, all RRA for about 25% less than I have seen anywhere else. I stuck my .22 rimfire dedicated upper on the assembly after I had assembled it, took it to the range and put about 200 rounds through it. I have found some decent....not great mind you but decent deals at that show.

Tex45acp

Here is the rifle assembled
    RRAlower001.jpg
    RRAlower002.jpg

8. Patrón

Patrón Active Member

Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    the more pics i see of .22s, the more I want to build one. i just sold my gsg5 .22, i need to build one myself.

9. Old Man of the Mountain

Old Man of the Mountain Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    They must have finally shipped a lot of them, there were several at the Dallas Market Hall gunshow too.

10. Old Man of the Mountain

Old Man of the Mountain Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Is that a good accurate upper, and who made it?

A friend was just asking me yesterday who makes a good .22 LR upper, I guess with ammo prices a lot of folks might be wanting one.

I suggested Model 1 Sales, but their 20" .22 LR is going for $510 right now.

Wish I could go ahead a buy a few more things, but I am out of cash for some time to come.