• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    After 4 and a half months of wait, I got my RRA lower half and stripped lower.

I'm very excited.

Now all I have to do is find an upper in my price range. .. . . . . . .
    DK Firearms

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Texas Tactical Gear on the Gulf Freeway in Houston has Double Star and RRA lowers in stock as of about 2 weeks ago.

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    at this past show (san antonio 4/25-26) two AR vendors were selling various uppers for about $500 plus (depending if you needed bolt and carrier) a good but pricey shop was SOG ARMORARY. They had Sun Devil complete lowers for the same price as other vendors were selling RRA and DPMS. Their uppers were abuot $600 depending on the railing, handguards and sights. I believe they are in houston.

Online I would check with brownwells or gunbroker.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just make sure to avoid anything from Blackthorne or Hesse like the plague. I would rather throw bullets than pay money for some of that crap. ;) lol No offense intended to anyone that may own any from those companies.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Texas42,

Patron is correct. I was there, in San Antonio as well and thats where I picked up my RRA lower, lower parts group and 6 position stock, all RRA for about 25% less than I have seen anywhere else. I stuck my .22 rimfire dedicated upper on the assembly after I had assembled it, took it to the range and put about 200 rounds through it. I have found some decent....not great mind you but decent deals at that show.

Tex45acp

Here is the rifle assembled
    RRAlower001.jpg

RRAlower002.jpg

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    After 4 and a half months of wait, I got my RRA lower half and stripped lower.

I'm very excited.

Now all I have to do is find an upper in my price range. .. . . . . . .

They must have finally shipped a lot of them, there were several at the Dallas Market Hall gunshow too.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Texas42,

Patron is correct. I was there, in San Antonio as well and thats where I picked up my RRA lower, lower parts group and 6 position stock, all RRA for about 25% less than I have seen anywhere else. I stuck my .22 rimfire dedicated upper on the assembly after I had assembled it, took it to the range and put about 200 rounds through it. I have found some decent....not great mind you but decent deals at that show.

Tex45acp

Here is the rifle assembled
    RRAlower001.jpg

RRAlower002.jpg

Is that a good accurate upper, and who made it?

A friend was just asking me yesterday who makes a good .22 LR upper, I guess with ammo prices a lot of folks might be wanting one.

I suggested Model 1 Sales, but their 20" .22 LR is going for $510 right now.

Wish I could go ahead a buy a few more things, but I am out of cash for some time to come.

Top Bottom