• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    honestly with the job market as is.... I'd probably be looking for jobs overseas if I knew a country with gun laws similar to here in TX.

Yup, one of the hardest things to get used to if decide to work overseas... Along with the mortar fire and incomings...
    Gun Zone Deals

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Yeah, getting a job overseas where I get to keep my guns would more than likely equal a contract job in Iraq/Afghanistan.

BTW Cypher... nice M249

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yeah, getting a job overseas where I get to keep my guns would more than likely equal a contract job in Iraq/Afghanistan.

BTW Cypher... nice M249

Contract only for security positions.. Indepedent contracters such as civilians are not allowed weapons at all. You touch one, you're fired. But if it comes to the point of my job or my life, that AK47 in front of me is definitely getting picked up and used. Bullets and butstock.

LuvThmGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Im a Home Inspector and things have been strange this year if it was not for the forclosed homes / huds / etc. I would be twittling my thumbs waiting for work. I have not inspected a brand new home in probally 6 months.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Im a Home Inspector and things have been strange this year if it was not for the forclosed homes / huds / etc. I would be twittling my thumbs waiting for work. I have not inspected a brand new home in probally 6 months.

If it makes you feel any better, I was in the same boat. Made tons of money appraising over the past 4yrs (I spent and wasted most of it pretty stupidly I might add), but the last year or two was a pretty significant decline. Over the last year our loss of business totaled out to a ~90%+ loss from our workload in '05. What little was left of the subprime market has pretty much shifted to FHA at the moment. There is still some work out there on the various sides of the real estate industry, but it's so little it is really forcing a large percentage of people out of various associated jobs (loan officers, realtors, appraisers, etc). Things are probably only going to get a bit worse through '09, but hopefully it starts improving after that. I can't wait to get back to appraising as the current job just does not cut it financially. ;) Oh well, that's just how it goes I guess.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Pretty much anything related to the real estate industry, expect for certain kinds of vital services (like plumbing, a/c repair, etc for example), is on the decline right now. The real estate industry looks like it is going to actually continue to get a bit worse probably through a good part of next year, or possibly even a bit longer. Right now other sides of the industry, like the manufacturing side for example, are finally starting to slow down too as a result.

The one thing that hadn't been effected in the construction arena was apartments and college dorms. We have been booming on work load. In the last month we have went from 20 job sites, to 4. Nothing new is coming down the pipe "yet". I might be looking for a new job here pretty soon.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I fealt your pain...when I put in my papers and separated from active duty last year, it took me four months and some really good friends to finally get a job in San Antonio.

Luckily I finally did with Zachry Industrial. The problem was I had to leave Texas for a little while and head to South Florida or South New York, what ever this place is.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I've been a Management Consultant for the past 14 years working for a small firm. My boss is in Hillsboro OR and I'm in Dallas Tx, which to say is just short of heaven. Only complaint is the travel, I'm at 1.9 million air-miles now.
    Like the posters said, "sometimes being laid off is the best thing that could have happen to someone."

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So we have worked ourselves out of work this week. Nothing is ready to be pre-wired, and no trim work to be done. Feast or famine gents. Maybe next week. :(

Top Bottom