• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    It might be the best thing that ever happened to you. I've been unemployed for eight years now and could never go back to working for someone else. If there's any way you could consult or do contract work in your field, it's great to be your own boss! :cool:

Best of luck in any event.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Whether that's good news or bad news is how you look at it.

I'm an entrepreneur, that's the French word for unemployed.

I figure if I'm going to have a job where I have to report to some jerk, it may as well be me.

Hope you find fulfillment soon.

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Sorry to hear about that Alan, has the market really slowed down that much in the Austin area? Hey, we still need to head out to Reds (or preferably somewhere better) to go shooting!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Pretty much anything related to the real estate industry, expect for certain kinds of vital services (like plumbing, a/c repair, etc for example), is on the decline right now. The real estate industry looks like it is going to actually continue to get a bit worse probably through a good part of next year, or possibly even a bit longer. Right now other sides of the industry, like the manufacturing side for example, are finally starting to slow down too as a result.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Pretty much anything related to the real estate industry, expect for certain kinds of vital services (like plumbing, a/c repair, etc for example), is on the decline right now. The real estate industry looks like it is going to actually continue to get a bit worse probably through a good part of next year, or possibly even a bit longer. Right now other sides of the industry, like the manufacturing side for example, are finally starting to slow down too as a result.

It's no slower than the past years, they just hired too many new people. :rolleyes:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I have enough hobbies to keep me busy.

Hobbies are the key, however our government and their wealthy handlers "work hard" each day to make it more difficult to enjoy those hobbies.

xaiver56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey Texas1911, I am sorry you are out of work. I am in IT for the travel industry and I fear I will be "let go" soon as well. Keep looking and I hope something comes along soon!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Been out of work since my wife started teaching.I only work a couple of hours a week at the gunshop just to keep out of the house.We are doing great financially so I do not need to have a full time job.I am enjoying the time I now have with my kids.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, the market for the majority of industries here is getting harder and harder. I'm in Healthcare IT and luckily live in Houston which has the largest Medical centers in the world (from what I've been told). So jobs are there, but it's still not enough.

Part of the reason why I'm looking to go work overseas for a little bit...

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    honestly with the job market as is.... I'd probably be looking for jobs overseas if I knew a country with gun laws similar to here in TX.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom