Jun 18, 2013
Richmond/Houston
W/O knowing anything about the case, and you being friends of family

Was the kids a punk?

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

austinbirdnut

Jul 8, 2011
Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
I know his father better and regardless, an upstanding family. Kid was "drunk" when he crashed and presumably knocking on doors for help, bot never in trouble otherwise. Def not a punk kid. Also, no weapon at all. Yazdi, who has a Hx of threatening neighbors with his guns and also pacing his property line with a shotgun, was described as a murder waiting to happen. Theres a fair amount of info in the write up on the case in the link I attached but bottom line, he shot the kid, Enrique Recio while he was yards away, running away from him. There was no physical contact with Yazdi or his family...like I said, bad shoot in my opinon and thats just from a CHL holder standpoint.

ag1052

Sep 9, 2013
From all I have heard about this case it was the right call. If people use the castle doctrine to get away with these kinds of shootings it is going to end up ruining the chances we will still have the castle doctrine when one of us needs to legitimately use it.

kurt

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
The jury got it right. Yazdi was a bully and and frequently threatened his neighbors. He tried to intimidate witnesses scheduled to testify against him most importantly, shot a fleeing kid who wasn't even on his property. There was no evidence the kid was in any way a threat or had attempted to steal or vandalize Yazdi's property.

coachrick

TGT Addict
Dec 26, 2009
north-north Austin
I live less than a mile from the scene...almost bought a place right across the street. It's pretty odd to drive by and (recently) see him sitting in his garage with the door open...just hanging out. Still parks his vehicles in the common driveway...strange.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
frequently threatened his neighbors. He tried to intimidate witnesses scheduled to testify against him most importantly, shot a fleeing kid who wasn't even on his property. There was no evidence the kid was in any way a threat or had attempted to steal or vandalize Yazdi's property.

this is most of what I see that really goes against him. Not only did he shoot the guy fleeing, but he wasn't attacked or threatened.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members