• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Postal Money Order. In advance. Notarized bill of sale. In advance. Wait 30 days before shipping.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I joined here originally because someone had a gun listed for sale on here that I wanted to buy. And I did buy it, but it was a local face-to-face purchase.

The low post count doesn't necessarily mean it is a scammer, but I wouldn't ship it to them either.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    get a postal money order and before shipping take the money order to the post office and convert it to cash. I would not deposit it into a checking account as it can take weeks for a forgery to show up at that point you lost the gun and the cash.

FF90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    I
    DAWICO said:
    Money first and shipped to an FFL would be the only way I would do it.

May be a legitimate and legal buyer. If so then sell it but on your terms.
    get a postal money order and before shipping take the money order to the post office and convert it to cash. I would not deposit it into a checking account as it can take weeks for a forgery to show up at that point you lost the gun and the cash.

I am the alleged scammer, and this is exactly what I offered, " Your price is acceptable, would you be willing to accept a postal money order AND ship via a FFL and I would pay for any shipping , ffl fees etc. " the only reason I asked is to avoid a 4 hour drive. I have no problem with him holding the gun until he has cash in hand. Postal money orders are the safest form of payments, thats why I offered it.
    I usually do not participate much on this forum, thats why a low post count..but I do read and learn. I do have a good trader record on a different forum

ps still interested in the gun, be interesting to see if I get a response and can work out someting agreeable to the seller

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You may not have been referring to me but I never called anyone a scammer.

I just posted one of the safest ways to do a non face to face transfer.

I

I am the alleged scammer, and this is exactly what I offered, " Your price is acceptable, would you be willing to accept a postal money order AND ship via a FFL and I would pay for any shipping , ffl fees etc. " the only reason I asked is to avoid a 4 hour drive. I have no problem with him holding the gun until he has cash in hand. Postal money orders are the safest form of payments, thats why I offered it.
    I usually do not participate much on this forum, thats why a low post count..but I do read and learn. I do have a good trader record on a different forum

ps still interested in the gun, be interesting to see if I get a response and can work out someting agreeable to the seller

FF90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Shady, was not referencing to you, but to "themailman", the starter of this post, I contacted him with an offer as I stated above and his reply was to jump to a conclusion and call me a scammer, no conversations beyond that, I am still open to negotiations with him on the gun. the Quotes from you and Dawico were to show that my offer was considered typical. Sorry if I offended you

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    none at all.

I just wanted to make it clear I have no issues with long time members with low post counts.

Shady, was not referencing to you, but to "themailman", the starter of this post, I contacted him with an offer as I stated above and his reply was to jump to a conclusion and call me a scammer, no conversations beyond that, I am still open to negotiations with him on the gun. the Quotes from you and Dawico were to show that my offer was considered typical. Sorry if I offended you

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    hUNAo.jpg

Attachments

• hUNAo.jpg
      hUNAo.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 241

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I

Welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for.

jjb5730

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2015
    I

Well, I guess I better start posting more just in case I want to buy something one day. Joined the forum back in 2015 when I moved to Texas from Louisiana. I moved back to LA in 2016, but travel to Texas once a month for work. Still follow the forum, but don't post. Would hate to be a scammer one day!

PS: Please noone get your panties in a bunch..just kidding around. I know we have to have disclaimers in 2019

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Well, I guess I better start posting more just in case I want to buy something one day. Joined the forum back in 2015 when I moved to Texas from Louisiana. I moved back to LA in 2016, but travel to Texas once a month for work. Still follow the forum, but don't post. Would hate to be a scammer one day!
    So, if you are not a legal resident of Texas, how would you be able to do a private sale purchase here?

Top Bottom