Venture Surplus ad

Yeeesh.....like I need another .357 wheel gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Good looking gun. I don't like revolvers... but if I had the funds.... I'd pick one up.
    My first revolver I didn’t need and really didn’t want. My Gunny had just found out his wife was pregnant again and he wanted some quick cash. I made an offer and he countered and I ended up with a phenomenal older S&W 44Mag., for cheap.

That wheel gun will quickly let you know who’s in charge.

Regardless of the impression it makes on your hand, the smile you make is more than worth it.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    You mention the S&W 44mag. I have a couple of stainless M629 revolvers. I get a real kick out of them when I take either of them to the range. I shoot at the Elm Fork Shooting range. It is an outdoor range, but the range has a continuous metal roof that spans across the shooting line. A 44 mag makes a hell of a lot of noise under that metal roof. New shooters will come over to see what is going on. I was there one day when the crowds were light. A couple of ranger officers were off to my right with there backs toward me. I touched off one round and the RO nearest to me jumped like he had been shot. We all laughed, but he was a nervous wreck. My first most favorite big bore revolver is the S&W M57 in 41 mag. A little less recoil, and a much easier firearm to shoot all day.
    If you like the Kimber, buy it. Don't let others sway your decision. You are the one who has to live with the results of your choice. The others will go on to harass other threads. Kimber makes good stuff. They are more expensive just like a Colt 1911 is more expensive than a Springfield 1911. You pay for the name. The quality is about equal.
    Let us know how things work out.

Top Bottom