~Daniel Defense DDMK18 5.56 w/ Viper PST 1-4x24
    Target Sports

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    They make great products and have excellent service. When I first started contacting companies for donations for the Tinsley Thompson benefit being held here in Houston, they were the first company to contact me back and were excited to help out. Great people!

Plus they have an excellent LEO/Military program!

Tinsley Benefit Raffle: http://shop.defenseandarms.com/produ...kets-each-1634

Last edited:

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    So I ended up changing out the Leopold rings for the Nikon M-223. Gives me much better height and eye relief.

09C443DD-CEA7-48F6-B60F-18E5370B2BEB_zpsztymexo1.jpg

Nice! Vortex fan myself. How do you like that 1-4? I am eyeballing the new 1-6 Gen 2:
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-gen-2-1-6x24-riflescope-with-vmr-2-mrad-reticle

So most people would recommend the Strike Eagle 1-6. But I've never liked the AR-BDC reticle on the Strike Eagle. I like a good crosshair reticle. The TMCQ (MOA) reticle on the PST 1-4 was the biggest influence. However, the glass is much better on the PST as well. I ended up finding my PST 1-4 at Cabela's bargain cave and with my military discount I was OTD for at/sub $450. Currently you can find them (PST 1-4) for $399 new at Cabela's.

With all that said... I do like the PST GenII 1-4 VMR-2 reticle. And with a MSRP at $1,000 I'm sure they upgraded the glass as well. Will I replace my PST 1-4 with a GenII 1-6? Probably not unless I come by a smoking deal. I don't feel the need to spend more money for two more power. The 1-4 fits my needs.

How far can you see with the remi
    I have a dpms 10 i need a scope out to about 6-800 yds

So I'm just getting into "long" distance/precision shooting. I'm not the best shot. With that said I've shot my Rem700 with the HS 6-24 out to 300yds and getting hit inside a 6" target.

How does the primary arms gen 3 1x6 acss stack up against vortex.

I'm not a fan of the ACSS reticle. Hence as I said above I didn't like the Strike Eagle. Now those that do like the ACSS reticle like the optic. I haven't looked through a Primary Arms optic but a lot of people give them a lot of good reviews.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    @Robert_K- Your smoking deal is on govx, promotive, or through vortex themselves. I plan on upgrading my 1-4 pst once the 1-6 has a wider release. For what I sell it for, I will almost be able to cover the price of the new Gen 2 1-6.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    @Robert_K- Your smoking deal is on govx, promotive, or through vortex themselves. I plan on upgrading my 1-4 pst once the 1-6 has a wider release. For what I sell it for, I will almost be able to cover the price of the new Gen 2 1-6.

As mentioned I bought it at Cabela's Bargain Cave.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Right, I was just saying that because you said you won't replace unless you come across a smoking deal. 30-50% off msrp is a smoking deal in my book.

CaptScooby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    I cannot believe how ridiculous their military program is. Bought their 3-12x56 hog hunter for my AR. Going to have to purchase another one for the SCAR 17s.

terrible posture
    It's a lib, so... LOL
    They make great products and have excellent service. When I first started contacting companies for donations for the Tinsley Thompson benefit being held here in Houston, they were the first company to contact me back and were excited to help out. Great people!

Plus they have an excellent LEO/Military program!

Tinsley Benefit Raffle: http://shop.defenseandarms.com/produ...kets-each-1634

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Gotta ask - how did you misuse it?
    I bought it used first of all but it was fine.

They claimed over torque on the ring screws knocked the erector loose. Apparently that is a common (relatively speaking of course) issue on the Viper PST series (maybe others too) from what I have read. The tube didn't have a mark on it though and I use a torque wrench on everything.

I was swapping scopes and I dropped it. The eye piece hit the metal base of my chair. After that the reticle was canted a little and it wouldn't focus properly.

Either way it was user error and they replaced it. I paid shipping one way and that was all.

Top Bottom