• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I won a 3-9X40 Diamondback from http://cameralandny.com/ and I'm happily surprised by the clarity and resolution of the optics. Definitely wasn't expecting that from a $200 scope. Will definitely look at Vortex when I make my next purchase.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I won a 3-9X40 Diamondback from http://cameralandny.com/ and I'm happily surprised by the clarity and resolution of the optics. Definitely wasn't expecting that from a $200 scope. Will definitely look at Vortex when I make my next purchase.
    My lowest end Vortex is a 4-12 Diamondback but I had a Crossfire too. Clarity on all of them is very good.

My only complaint is you lose view really quick if you aren't in line properly. Probably a good thing for parallax but can be a pain if you are in an odd position.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    My lowest end Vortex is a 4-12 Diamondback but I had a Crossfire too. Clarity on all of them is very good.

My only complaint is you lose view really quick if you aren't in line properly. Probably a good thing for parallax but can be a pain if you are in an odd position.

Thanks, I haven't mounted it on a rifle yet, but will keep that in mind when I begin using it.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I picked up a Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 at a recent gun show to check it out. I was surprised how much barrel distortion it had. The target looked crisp, but panning the scope it appeared to be looking through a fish eye lens.
    I then I picked up the new Strike Eagle 1-8 x 24 and it did not exhibit the same problem. I wish that I would have picked up the 1-8... It would go nicely with my other Vortex sights...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom