Yesterdays storms - everybody ok?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Shorts, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We got slammed pretty hard yesterday by the storm moving in. Lost trees, flashing from the house, shingles went crazy (but stayed in tact) and power was out for 3 hours. The damage this storm did here was amazing for a summer storm. We don't know if we got hit by a tornado over the lake or if it was just winds but it was awesome.

I have video here I'm going to try to download from my phone.

Hope everyone came out alright from this storm. It hit hard.

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Glad ya'll are ok, hope everyone else is also. Hope no damage to ya'lls new home

3. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Hope your new house didn't take it too bad, and if so, I hope it's all covered by your insurance.

Some areas got it way worse than others. We're maybe 10 - 12 miles from you, and although we had some high winds and lots of rain, only leaf clusters got blown off the trees. A branch did come off of a Bradford Pear tree just outside my fence but didn't hit anything. (A good fart will blow branches off those threes) We did have 4 1/2 inches in the rain gauage this morning, and it's starting to rain again. :eek:

4. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
  5. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

It rained ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I'm sleepy today for sure. I'm a light sleeper so any distraction keeps me awake.

I think I'm going to work on those trees today. Get them off the fence.

6. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Get a qualified roofer to inspect the roof...you probably have some damage not visible from the ground (or by the untrained eye). The next storm you encounter could be disastrous.

7. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

The kick in the groin is we just did for the inspection in May.

...And it just started raining...again lol I so should have had my rain collection reservoir in place for this!

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Wow that sucks Shorts but I'm glad y'all are ok.
    Houses can be fixed or replaced.
    Lots of rain and no sleep due to my chicken Australian Shepard.
    About 12;30 I got a 70lbs dog right to the mid-section.
    Had to go sleep on the couch and let her lay right beside me so she would calm down.
    No damage other than leafs stripped off the trees - I think- lol!

9. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    :rofl: crazy puppies!

Yeah, we're good. Got to look at the silver lining though. At least my lawn gets some water. Our sprinkler system has no power to the control panel right now (fingers crossed it's the 9v battery inside) so I missed my weekly watering. This is free! :banger:

10. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Those trees are going to be heavier they they look. I was barely able to move that one branch I had to deal with (about 4" dia). Of course I was bare footed and slipping and sliding in mud! :rofl:You're going to need a chain saw for sure.

Bright side, you're grass will appreciate the extra sun light...