• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    So I left early to attend the Gene Green townhall on the south side of Houston. I go in my Ranger so I don't have to sweat parking.

I get onto 610 at a whopping 1 or 2 miles per hour, trying to change lanes I squeeze over so the truck behind might be able to get by. He honks as he goes by ... scraps my bumper. He advances a whole 10 feet.

I pull up alongside the guy and ask my wife to roll down the window and tell him he hit the truck. She rolls down the window and YELLS ... Hey! You hit my F-ING truck! He yells back Too F-ing bad, that's what you get!

Few things cross my mind. Number one, WTF is she doing talking to people like that, that's no way to handle a stressful situation? Number two, there are 4 big guys in that truck. Number three, we aint got no guns.

So I say, hey, we need your information. He says F-you I aint pulling over. I tell the wife to get the license plate number off his trailer and truck. There was no way my little ranger was going to intimidate a F-350 crew cab. Well that, and the thought of legal bills, missed work, and any violence, had me thinking this wasn't worth escalation.

I pull over, the damage isn't too too bad. I went to the police station to report the incident. The officer says, are you sure you want to pursue this? Texas is a no fault state, it will go on your record, you're deductable will probably cost you more than the repair (he had not seen the bumper, but was probably right). The guy that drove off is probably looking at a $100 or $200 fine.

I was pissed since I'm a fair is fair and right is right kind of guy. You damage someone's property, you pay to repair it.

-----------------------

So, we head back towards the townhall. We find a packed parking lot, packed hallways, sardine packed meeting room, an irritated crowd, and a visibly shaken congressman. From what I could hear, he stalled for time, tried to defend the same 4-6 talking points, and offered nothing worth hearing.

There was one lady that commented that the crowd was disrespectful and she was leaving. She let everyone around her know she wasn't happy.

-------------------

I have to wonder if the guys in the truck and lady at the townhall would have cried racism had the shoe been on the other feet.
    Guns International

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Couple of pics

th1.gif

th2.gif

th3.gif

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hate to say but based on the pic's this was a poorly planed event.
    They should have know there would be a mass of people showing up.
    Sorry about your truck.
    Be nice if you can locate the owner and pay them a visit face to face on fair grounds. Maybe bring a few friends with ya,like Mr.Colt, and Mr. Wesson.
    Its happened to me and when they are confronted face to face they sure back down and get all nice like and want to make amends.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    If I have to drive through Houston, I never, never, never go unarmed. It would be safer to drive through Baghdad.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    If I have to drive through Houston, I never, never, never go unarmed. It would be safer to drive through Baghdad.
    Hell parts of Houston are Baghdad - I hate Houston!
    Got robbed twice and shot once.
    No thanks.
    610 is a rolling parking lot full of unhappy people that know only two things. Where the horn is and which finger to fly.
    Last time I was there I carried a 44spl in my front pocket and a 9mm in a coat pocket. The other coat pocket had more ammo and a folding lock knife.
    I'm sure Houston has some redeeming qualities but for me, it holds bad memories and hardship.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Number two, there are 4 big guys in that truck.

They were probably drunk. Plus, I wonder if the driver would have acted like such an a-hole/tough guy, if he were by himself. I think you handled it pretty well.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    They were probably drunk. Plus, I wonder if the driver would have acted like such an a-hole/tough guy, if he were by himself. I think you handled it pretty well.

I was tempted to drag his ass out of his truck. Punching him in the face a few times would have been worth the ass kicking

But, when you have so much responsibility and consequences on your shoulders, you tend to act a little better in your 40's than in your 20's.

Anyway, I have to wonder if 4 whites guys banged his truck and refused to provide insurance, if the NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson wouldn't be at the front door the next morning.

I'm guessing his bumper would be fixed and the media would have had a field day.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    $200 dollar fine? If you had safely pulled off and stopped in a parking lot wouldn't it have been a hit and run and isn't that a felony?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    $200 dollar fine? If you had safely pulled off and stopped in a parking lot wouldn't it have been a hit and run and isn't that a felony?

The guy refused to pull over.

I thought it was a felony too. The HPD cop said it wasn't unless he did a crapload of damage or if he wrecked a limb I happened to have hanging out the window.

I'm not sure what the cut off for damage is, but it seemed like 3-500 was no big deal. I have no idea how much it would cost to replace my bumper, but if my recent dealership experiences are a good gauge, it's in that range. The cylinder for my front door key was $250 on the Ranger.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I thought it was a felony too. The HPD cop said it wasn't unless he did a crapload of damage or if he wrecked a limb I happened to have hanging out the window.

I'm not sure what the cut off for damage is, but it seemed like 3-500 was no big deal. I have no idea how much it would cost to replace my bumper, but if my recent dealership experiences are a good gauge, it's in that range. The cylinder for my front door key was $250 on the Ranger.

Something just ain't right sounds awful fishy, but since it sounds like maybe you were in a rough area you probably did the smart thing anyway! Had it happened to me I am afraid I may have gotten myself into something I probably couldn't have handled!:(

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    It was the HPD office off of W. Montgomery Road here in Houston.

I figured the cop didn't want to screw with the paperwork. For me, I'd like to see a lawbreaker get theirs.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    It would be interesting to find out what makes a hit and run a felony, maybe some of our police freinds will chime in soon? It was my understanding you better stop and if you don't it is a felony, but I am not a policeman or a lawyer Thank Goodness ;-)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Heh. Last time I was in Houston, we had two loaded AKs and Sigs in the truck. My packing list for a weekend trip: Toothbrush? Check. Spare drawers? Check. Fire superiority? Check.

Also spotted and reported a drunk driver who almost wiped the truck out.

Top Bottom