• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pardueski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Temple, TX
    Welcome to Texas. I see you live in Temple. What kind of rifle are you looking for and what's your budget?

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

I'm thinking that I need to celebrate my arrival in a free state by buying a Semi-Auto (since CA is about to completely ban them and detachable mags have been banned for quite some time). That being said, I've seen a few bolt actions that have aroused my interest. I am hoping to get out for under $1500 but I could go up a really good deal comes along. It's a tough call because I feel like the panic prices are still coming down a bit and I don't know if I should wait a while to see what happens. Plus I am leaning towards a .308 and ammo is still outrageous.
    DK Firearms

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I'm thinking that I need to celebrate my arrival in a free state by buying a Semi-Auto (since CA is about to completely ban them and detachable mags have been banned for quite some time). That being said, I've seen a few bolt actions that have aroused my interest. I am hoping to get out for under $1500 but I could go up a really good deal comes along. It's a tough call because I feel like the panic prices are still coming down a bit and I don't know if I should wait a while to see what happens. Plus I am leaning towards a .308 and ammo is still outrageous.

Just look around. I found an M&P-10 for non panic price from a board member.
    Welcome

SKSer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    If anyone asks from Cali, its too hot, the people are rude, and there are no more jobs. You do that for us and we'll get along just fine.

That's actually a 100% true especially down here in Southern CA. I have never met the most rudest people in my life and I have traveled from Coast to Coast and visited just about all 50 states. One more reason why I am leaving this state.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Welcome refugee from the Republik of Kalifornia! I hope you enjoy your new status as a Texan. You made a wise choice. What kind of rifle are you looking for? Oh yeah, and welcome to TGT!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I would make an account at AIMsurplus.com - get put on their notification list for one of their MOE midlength Daniel Defense barreled uppers - they come with a nice BCG and charging handle for around $535 shipped - then buy one of their "Crosshair" lowers when they go on sale for $85 or whatever. Add an LPK, stock and rear sight and you could have a very nice AR for under $800. Or for the same price you could buy a Bushmaster and come to regret it.

Pardueski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Temple, TX
    I would make an account at AIMsurplus.com - get put on their notification list for one of their MOE midlength Daniel Defense barreled uppers - they come with a nice BCG and charging handle for around $535 shipped - then buy one of their "Crosshair" lowers when they go on sale for $85 or whatever. Add an LPK, stock and rear sight and you could have a very nice AR for under $800. Or for the same price you could buy a Bushmaster and come to regret it.

Thanks for the advice! I am already glued to the laptop because of that site!

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome! I just have to say that CA transplants like myself are coming with their money, their desire to work and more often than not, their NRA memberships. CA is beautiful and all but we'll be the first to agree that it is too full of fruitcakes to run properly.

Amen.

Welcome.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome! I just have to say that CA transplants like myself are coming with their money, their desire to work and more often than not, their NRA memberships. CA is beautiful and all but we'll be the first to agree that it is too full of fruitcakes to run properly.

Welcome aboard from the Corpus Christi area, I was stationed at Camp Pendleton for a few years and though CA was nice (scenery, weather, beaches, etc) I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence. I was born and raised here in TX and by God I got back as soon as possible.

Top Bottom