• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheriff10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Hey guys! Been reading for a while. Posted once. Have not introduced myself. I'm one of many waiting on my CHL. They got my stuff Aug 5th. Live in Fort Worth. My toys you ask?

Ruger SR9 (My favorite)
    Ruger P345
    Taurus PT 709

I can learn more here than in any class on any topic!
    Texas SOT

Sheriff10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Thanks.

I have a harder time with accuracy with the Taurus than I do the bigger Ruger 9mm. However, the Taurus handles well and feels really comfortable in my hand. Put 100 rounds through it this past Saturday without any problems. It has a trigger safety. Once I figured out how to lightly bring the trigger back, taking out the slack, then the pull was very short. My accuracy improved.

One of the things I'm learning here is the lingo, so please pardon my elementary description.

One cool thing I'm finding here is that most of the posters share my conservative political views. But then, I guess guns enthusists would.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    k, thanks and no problem on the lingo, I still learn new stuff everyday but thats just because some of the elders mummble when they type lol

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Welcome. Come out to our group shoot on the 27th. We shoot at Elm Fork which is a great outdoor range, and we have several FW fokes that are regurlars. Details in the Home Town section. Informal, shoot some then some lunch.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    One cool thing I'm finding here is that most of the posters share my conservative political views. But then, I guess guns enthusists would.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

I find myself being EVEN nicer to my wife as her shooting improves.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Welcome, and if we allowed guns in Congress I think I know who would be making most of the laws, or at least who would be more "reasonable". Wow.. just think randomly select a congress-critter or three and arm them for the day, but dont say anything except "One of your fellow elected officials is armed, if he gets pissed on, he will be allowed to shoot you..." Or even better, the citizens are armed, if you piss them off enough... wait, that thought is already running through the empty heads of many of our reps....

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Howdy from FW!
    I'll send ya some info on our local TGT group and an invite to join the group.
    Hope ya come out and shoot with us.
    If ya ever make a meet its hard to ever miss one!

Top Bottom