DK Firearms

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    It is truly a sad situation. I don't quite get though why you seem to go to the 'only one qualified BS claim' of that arrogant DEA agent who fired one off in the classroom. I don't see how this current idiot compares - attitude-wise (which is exactly how you just compared them) - to the arrogant POS DEA agent except maybe that you resent law enforcement officers in general and believe they all have the same attitude - that of the DEA agent. I assure - they don't.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I know a couple of people who have been accidentally shot. Each one will openly admit that something incredibly stupid was going on at the time. I even know one guy that shot a hole in the bottom of a john boat (trying to kill a cottonmouth that slipped down into the boat from a tree.) I watched a guy shoot over a hood (despite my warning) and dent the crap out of the hood with the muzzle blast.

But I've heard many, many stories of cops either shooting themselves or someone else accidentally. I think that maybe police training focuses so heavily on the law and techniques for administering it that gun training is just not an emphasis at all. Remember that video from a year or two ago in Houston where the cops went to pick up someone and the guy shot a couple of them with a Glock that had that selector switch on it? A couple of the cops in the video ran out of ammo, but didn't hit the guy. They were carrying like 80 rounds of ammo and ran out? What kind of discipline is that?? Years ago a cop told me about a friend and fellow cop that bought a new revolver. He took it to the restaurant where they would often have breakfast and while showing it off, shot himself in the head. He wasn't a young kid, but someone with years of being a LEO. His friend was still in disbelief years later that he could do something that stupid.

I don't know if it's still true but I was told years ago that HPD wouldn't allow rookies to have semiautos because so many of them got shot pulling it out of a holster, or putting it back in.

In July 2022, Denver cops shot a guy who was complying - even after he fell to the ground - and 6 other people. In 2012, 2 NYC cops shot a guy and hit 9 bystanders. There are several cases over the last few years where cops shot people believing that they were using that bright yellow Taser, but really using that black and very different pistol.

I'm not a LEO and I don't have any experience with their training, but it just appears to me - as a total outsider - that a LOT more emphasis on using firearms safely might be needed at more than a few departments.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It is truly a sad situation. I don't quite get though why you seem to go to the 'only one qualified BS claim' of that arrogant DEA agent who fired one off in the classroom. I don't see how this current idiot compares - attitude-wise (which is exactly how you just compared them) - to the arrogant POS DEA agent except maybe that you resent law enforcement officers in general and believe they all have the same attitude - that of the DEA agent. I assure - they don't.
    CnzO2x6WAAAtRs4.jpg

No different than Florida man. No one thinks every LEO professional is like that. Everyone expects them to not be dipshits with guns.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    A friend retired from the local PD when one partner discharged his pistol inside their squad car and another tripped a fell discharging the 12 ga. she was carrying. My friend was struck in the back by a couple of pellets. He called it a career.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    1670329836093.jpeg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Dude, how many times am I going to have to use the following in your threads?!?

1670330366571.png

I don't know where you're getting your propaganda that "only police and/or military are professional enough to have guns" bullshit.

There have been plenty of ADs by non-police and/or military to keep any stones from being thrown.

Plus, police and/or military are human (gasp!) just like you and I (well, at least like me!).

I doubt you'll ever reach perfection, history has shown only one person to ever walk the earth did that and I seriously doubt it was you!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    No different than Florida man. No one thinks every LEO professional is like that. Everyone expects them to not be dipshits with guns.

Yet for some reason everyone does!

Just a few things to consider, these individuals are usually handling firearms far more than the average citizen.

Plus, their training is centered on use-of-force which leads to expectations of in real world scenarios. It is a trend we see training cadets, the drills they go through seem to always involve use of force, therefore they become accustomed to going that route even though circumstances don't dictate it. That realization has driven a change in the training plan at least for the agency I support. Cadets and probationary officers have to learn (and expect) that non-lethal options should be considered first. Obviously, there are situations where that won't be the case; but when a training exercise involves unarmed civilians protesting going hands on or using nonlethal or even lethal (yes, we had one cadet go that route) instead of resolving the conflict peacefully should be the priority!

But when it comes down to it, putting a uniform on doesn't give a person superhero capability! It is a symbol of authority and nothing more. What matters most is the human--and more importantly--their brain and how they use it. Proper training, especially that which doesn't lead to Pavlovian responses, is what sets the odds for the best possible outcome!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No one, Leo or not, should point a gun at someone or themselves and pull the trigger unless they are intending to kill that which they are pointing a gun at.

Anyone who dose so is a phucking idiot, an LEO and anyone with such training especially. You're gonna get made fun of at least and you should hope that's all the negative results from you're retarded gun handling adventure.

Getting butthurt at those making fun of said misadventures because you happen to be in said profession or were in said profession is childish and thin skinned, especially when many times those making fun are also in said profession. It's akin to gallows humor and is both harmless and educational as it reinforces the whole don't be that guy who ignores training and safety thing.

Instead, try some type internal inventory or reinforced training to not be the next retard who does something so stupid. We all have brain farts and lapses in concentration. Doing so with a gun can be disastrous.

Don't do that. Don't get butthurt over it or atleast keep it too yourself. Whining about it will only get you more teasing.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No one, Leo or not, should point a gun at someone or themselves and pull the trigger unless they are intending to kill that which they are pointing a gun at.

Anyone who dose so is a phucking idiot, an LEO and anyone with such training especially. You're gonna get made fun of at least and you should hope that's all the negative results from you're retarded gun handling adventure.

Getting butthurt at those making fun of said misadventures because you happen to be in said profession or were in said profession is childish and thin skinned, especially when many times those making fun are also in said profession. It's akin to gallows humor and is both harmless and educational as it reinforces the whole don't be that guy who ignores training and safety thing.

Instead, try some type internal inventory or reinforced training to not be the next retard who does something so stupid. We all have brain farts and lapses in concentration. Doing so with a gun can be disastrous.

Don't do that. Don't get butthurt over it or atleast keep it too yourself. Whining about it will only get you more teasing.
    I truly believe that the usual suspects that publicly preach their buthurt on this topic do so for the ridicule they know they will receive because it temporarily relieves their ED.

Top Bottom