• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Regarding TXCDL meetings; in AZ one can drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix in a couple of hours, it takes a bit more time to get around in TX.

What AZCDL started doing is to have a meeting in Phoenix one year and a meeting in Tucson the next. In the city not having a meeting, they pitch in and hire a bus for the day, to transport. Works for them.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Your absolutly right Randm... There has actually been a lot of issues over the years with Texas legislature meeting every two years. After all , you would think a state as large as Texas would put more attention to laws and legislation.
    People like you are a credit to the Great State of Texas, no matter where you come from. Hold tight and hang on, cause were fixin to launch a new era of Legislature in Texas...

Thanks, much appreciated. Can't wait ! Let me know what I can do to help.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    With the availability of conference call lines I don't see why face to face is necessary for anything but fund raising. Heck, even web camera meetings are common now.

You might want to rethink that. What you would want to do, is to get out in the public eye. Get some media coverage, to help grow the group. The more people that know about it, the better. We will have to uphold an image of responsible gun owners and not look like a bunch of gun toting whackos. The image is probably the most important thing, other then the goal. If you look like a bunch of gun crazed yahoos, that is what you will be treated like.

Most of AZCDL information is on their website, in their newsletters. The annual meeting is usually just a way to get everyone together, have a meal, share successes and ideas. Their meetings are pretty cool, with hundreds of people open carrying.

The biggest way that we raise revenue, is by membership drives, at gun shows. That revenue is then used to print handouts, make banners, pay for vendor tables, t-shirts, hats, pins, maintain the website, gas money for the lobbyists, the annual meeting, etc. All of this stuff cost money. I can't say how much the group raises each year, but I know that ALL of it goes back into growing the group.

We do have a leadership email system, that the leadership and life members have acess to. All and all, a pretty slick set up.

See, once we become a "player" in the gun rights game, then you align with the TSRA and NRA for bills that we all want passed. Strength in numbers. That is where the NRA really can help the cause (TSRA too). When you get a national group like that, to help, support and spread the word, the lawmakers and everyone else takes notice.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I wonder which is more important, viz-a-viz open carry versus campus and parking lot carry, getting the right to carry openly in the areas where we can carry concealed now, or reducing the number of unarmed victim zones in Texas? For my money, reducing the number of unarmed victim zones by expanding concealed carry is better. That also seems more important to TSRA.

Far too often, gun owners have taken an all-or-nothing approach to expanding our gun rights. That is a really good way to get--nothing! Think about it. Expand concealed carry, then, when the sky doesn't fall, go for open carry.
    Good point. Like it or not, there are lots of Liberals in Texas, and they vote. Open carry would be great but decreasing criminal empowerment zones will save innocent lives. If I had to choose just one step forward for this session, it would be to end the criminal empowerment zones.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Good point. Like it or not, there are lots of Liberals in Texas, and they vote. Open carry would be great but decreasing criminal empowerment zones will save innocent lives. If I had to choose just one step forward for this session, it would be to end the criminal empowerment zones.

How about the law-abiding citizens empowerment zone ? You may be in a financial point in your life, to where you are able to pay all the costs involved in getting and renewing a CHL. What about the old folks, on a fixed income, people on public aide, young people, that are old enough to own a weapon, but not old enough for a CHL ? Are their lives not just as important to protect ? Should THEY not have the same right to self-protection ?

I agree that there should be no "gun free zones". The bad guys are gonna carry either way. They don't care about a sign that says "gun free zone", they actually like that better. NO ONE can fight back.

I think OC or constitutional carry would decrease criminal empowerment everywhere, not just in parking lots and at college campuses.

I might be wrong, (and will be told so, if I am), but I thought Texas was conservative ?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    How about the law-abiding citizens empowerment zone ? You may be in a financial point in your life, to where you are able to pay all the costs involved in getting and renewing a CHL. What about the old folks, on a fixed income, people on public aide, young people, that are old enough to own a weapon, but not old enough for a CHL ? Are their lives not just as important to protect ? Should THEY not have the same right to self-protection ?

I agree that there should be no "gun free zones". The bad guys are gonna carry either way. They don't care about a sign that says "gun free zone", they actually like that better. NO ONE can fight back.

I think OC or constitutional carry would decrease criminal empowerment everywhere, not just in parking lots and at college campuses.

I might be wrong, (and will be told so, if I am), but I thought Texas was conservative ?

OC would also be illegal in some of the "gun free zones", unless the zones are abolished. Like I said, both would be great. Texas is not as "conservative" as you may think, unfortunately. A recent poll I saw said over 40% of Texans would vote for Bill White!

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    OC would also be illegal in some of the "gun free zones", unless the zones are abolished. Like I said, both would be great. Texas is not as "conservative" as you may think, unfortunately. A recent poll I saw said over 40% of Texans would vote for Bill White!

Well, I live in El Paso, so I know there are some liberals in Texas. That means that the other 60% are conservatives or ind. Thank god !

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Thats good thinking. We must also accept the fact that were fighting the same damn legislature that allows Texas to have crap such as Criminal Empowerment zones.
    Its got me wondering if all these legislatures are Liberals!
    Its a fact that gun restrictions creat crime! Less gun restrictions eliminate crime!

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas

That problem is very personal to me. My renewal is a couple of years down the road, but the medical bills are piling up with no end in sight. Getting the renewal is gonna be tight. Unless we can get OC passed I may very well be denied the right to carry.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    That problem is very personal to me. My renewal is a couple of years down the road, but the medical bills are piling up with no end in sight. Getting the renewal is gonna be tight. Unless we can get OC passed I may very well be denied the right to carry.

Im already denied the right because I wont pay for my right to carry a gun!! Me personally, I dont need a gun, but when I get involved with issues like my neighbors getting broken into, someone being assaulted by a bunch of punks, or some POS trying to reach for a cops gun, then you bet I would like to have a hand gun on me. I just cant look away!!

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. That is the whole point, you shouldn't have to choose between medical care, or a CHL, so you DON'T need medical care....or worse.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Get a PA or Utah license to tide you over when renewal date nears. Both much cheaper than TX.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Get a PA or Utah license to tide you over when renewal date nears. Both much cheaper than TX.

I've got an AZ CCW permit along with my current TX CHL. Really only got the TX CHL to cover my behind while traveling to other states, some states require a permission slip from your state of residence. One of these days I'm going to have to check on the new AZ laws regarding CCW renewal; I seem to recall they've now made the CCW good for life, but I'm 100% sure on that. Maybe as the expiration date gets closer....

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I've got an AZ CCW permit along with my current TX CHL. Really only got the TX CHL to cover my behind while traveling to other states, some states require a permission slip from your state of residence. One of these days I'm going to have to check on the new AZ laws regarding CCW renewal; I seem to recall they've now made the CCW good for life, but I'm 100% sure on that. Maybe as the expiration date gets closer....

Arizona CCW's are valid for 5 years.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Thanks Randmplumbingllc. I just noticed my previous post was missing a fairly important word - it should have read "....I'm not 100% sure on that."

Top Bottom