• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Whelp, I finally decided to jump into the NFA pool yesterday and purchased a Resonator K from Mister Guns in Plano. Now I guess I need to figure out how to keep myself from going nuts while I play the dreaded ATF waiting game. For now things I've considered, shopping mounts for various firearms, looking at suppressor covers, researching doing a form 1 to do an SBR, and simply just try to forget about it while I wait. All that aside what I'll likely end up doing is annoying the neighbors with unsuppressed shots while on a little hog plot that I came across.
    Target Sports

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I'm hoping so, the financial cost of entry isn't too horrible, that chronological cost though...sheesh.

Lol
    The wait gets easier after the first one. Something to keep in mind when shopping for suppressors, is the availability and the cost of mounts. Buying multiple flash suppressors, muzzle brakes, and pistons, to use the can on several hosts, can get expensive.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Why did you buy the 'K' version instead of the quieter, full-size Resonator?
    Because I wanted something more compact for beating around in the brush. If this was going on a full length rifle I probably would have gone with a full size can. As it is, it's primarily going to be used on a pistol.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Last year, I fired both the 'K' and the full-size versions on a Ruger Scout .308 Win. (18" bbl., supersonic loads) and a 10.5" .300BLK SBR (sub- and supersonic loads).

The 'K' had more blast and was louder in both guns with supersonic loads; blast was closer with the subsonic .300BLK, but the 'K' was still loud to my ears. You might hear it differently.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    All it needs to do is be less annoying to the neighbors. I'm shooting 110gr vmax on top of 19.5 grains of Lilgun. It'll at least be less loud which is what I'm going for. Later, if I can find the pills, I'll try throwing together some sub-sonics and see how that goes.

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I have a Sandman L, that I’m using now, and it’s very quiet. But, it’s also long and heavy.

Waiting on a stamp for the Sandman K now. It won’t be as quiet, but it will be great for the hunting gun and the home defense gun.

Suppress everything! :laughing:

Top Bottom