• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I too have shot about 6 boxes of Monarch and have no complaints except for the unusually small boxes they come in. Simple solution that I take is just transfer the rounds into bigger plastic storage trays that I have been stocking up on for when I get into reloading (fingers crossed hopefully soon).

Still pisses me off the you absolutely cannot fucking find 380 rounds anywhere. I've got my Colt Mustang and the poor thing is just begging to be played with.

That is odd that the box is really small. Didn't really think about it until you posted that. And I am with you on the 380 ammo...Its no where to be found...at least at a reasonable price...hehehe.
    DK Firearms

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    That is odd that the box is really small. Didn't really think about it until you posted that. And I am with you on the 380 ammo...Its no where to be found...at least at a reasonable price...hehehe.

Yeah for damn sure I second that "for a reasonable price"...

I'm not going to pay $27 to shoot 50 rounds of 380... that's just a little ridiculous... if I pissed twenties I might buy a couple of boxes... but God didn't grant me that small miracle...

Hopefully this will all pass soon and we will be able to find decent supplies of ammunition...

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Since it was 6.8 spsc............it took about 2-weeks but they called me and said it was delayed in shipping. Very nice folks.

I to found some 9mm at Academy here in Longview. I paid $12.49 for 115 gr. FMJ MagTech and the had CCI Blazers for $10.49............I don't like the aluminum cases! Wanted some JHPs but they had none. Guess I'll have to order from Ammotogo!

Okie556

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you can find it Wally world sells Winchester 100rd Value Packs for $33...the one around the corner had the same 2 boxes for like 3 months...till i bought them...As for Academy find one that has it in stock and have them price match with Wally...I do it when I can't find 45, and just need one or two hundred for the range the next day.

bonehead1185

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos/Lake Dallas, Tx
    Well just wanted to let you know after about a week and a half of checking the Walmart here in San Marcos they finally got a shipment of WWB 100 round value pack .45 auto! The guy said they got in 5 cases last night so if you are looking for that caliber and are close you better grab you some. I bought 5 boxes and there were still atleast 6 or so boxes in the display case. I also wanna say I saw some 38 special value packs but I'm not positive.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

Okay so I went to Sportsman's Guide and I want to thank you for the hookup they have an amazing variety of calibers and rounds. So I choose a wide assortment of what I want and need and then I got to check out. Right before I check out I look at the black fine print under each item.

Expected availability April 18th 2009, March 30th, 2009, April 25th, 2009 depending on the round.

I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was so close.

Oh well.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Okay so I went to Sportsman's Guide and I want to thank you for the hookup they have an amazing variety of calibers and rounds. So I choose a wide assortment of what I want and need and then I got to check out. Right before I check out I look at the black fine print under each item.

Expected availability April 18th 2009, March 30th, 2009, April 25th, 2009 depending on the round.

I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was so close.

Oh well.

I haven't ordered for quite a while, however if you order it now and it comes in it's shipped out as it's ordered for the price you ordered it for, so you get the price at that time. I've noticed when I've been into Cabelas the past couple times the prices have gone up so its worth the order now and wait deal I think.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I haven't ordered for quite a while, however if you order it now and it comes in it's shipped out as it's ordered for the price you ordered it for, so you get the price at that time. I've noticed when I've been into Cabelas the past couple times the prices have gone up so its worth the order now and wait deal I think.

Good point I hadn't thought about that... thanks for looking out

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Today's haul...Finally stocked on 223.
    l_ad76ae439d9743cdbb9a36750fe67f80.png

l_04d9bdea931e45b79ad86bb02fabf394.png

l_d936ace306cc441bb5f7f3b10080aa80.png

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    The Wally Martinez here in Denison (45 minutes north of dallas on the corner of I75 and FM120) has had .45 FMJ Winchester 100rnd white boxs in stock for the past week or so for 29 bucks a box. They also have had .45 Blazer Brass 50rnds for 12 bucks a box. If you swing by, leave me a box of the Winnies. lol.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The Wally Martinez here in Denison (45 minutes north of dallas on the corner of I75 and FM120) has had .45 FMJ Winchester 100rnd white boxs in stock for the past week or so for 29 bucks a box. They also have had .45 Blazer Brass 50rnds for 12 bucks a box. If you swing by, leave me a box of the Winnies. lol.

That's some outrageously low pricing considering where it's been ove the last year!!

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    That's some outrageously low pricing considering where it's been ove the last year!!

Indeedy, they've also been out of stock for several weeks. But here the past two weeks, they've had them. :)

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Just piced up an additional 3 boxes WWB here in Rockport, Lady behind the counter started asking for advice on where to find a gun...

My wife went into the WM in Portland, they said they get shipments everyday, just not much at one time.

I had to backorder my .380 ammo for my wife, hope it'll ship this week.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Just piced up an additional 3 boxes WWB here in Rockport, Lady behind the counter started asking for advice on where to find a gun...

My wife went into the WM in Portland, they said they get shipments everyday, just not much at one time.

I had to backorder my .380 ammo for my wife, hope it'll ship this week.

Did the ammo ever ship for your wife or are you still waiting?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Speaking of Monarch. Has anyone tried out the 9mm steel cased with 94gr ? I saw them and picked up three boxes, Hope they've got enough power to cycle the slide on my Sigs.

Top Bottom