• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bunkysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Garland Tx
    I ordered some surplus 7.62x54r for the Mosins so I could try them at customer service, but that was before the election. My order arrived in about 4 days with a very nice customer service experience on the phone when checking on the fax I sent for my ID. I really like the folks at Ammunitiontogo.com. I think I'll but some more stuff soon and allow for the extra time considering how behind everyone is.

bunkysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Garland Tx
    Just another positive, if you are in the Mesquite area I have enjoyed doing business with Southwest Ammunition in downtown Mesquite. They carry a good selection of ammo and reloading components, but like everyone else I have seen their prices increase lately, but only a couple of dollars a box on most ammo. Thesy had Wolf 7.62x39 this week for 7.50 per box, not as high as many considering it's short supply.

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    My stock of .45ACP and .223, almost all of that Blazer was acquired at Wal-Mart in the past week or so by getting lucky on two separate trips, and most of the .223 from a trade with a friend for near full case of Blazer 9mm that I bought a few days ago at WM. (forgive me for the crappy iPhone picture)

rumfc5.jpg

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Went to the local Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday and I could almost count on both my hands the number of boxes of ammo (all calibers) on the shelves. This is the worst I've seen yet. I used to go into Sportsmans Warehouse or even Cabelas and there would at least be some boxes of expensive ammo left, but now its even being bought up. Reloading supplies are becomming a hard to find item as well.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Can't believe it

Just got back from the Wal Mart in Little Elm on 423 and Eldorado. They had probably 15, 100 round boxes of 40 caliber WWB. A neighbor was there and called me. I went right up there and picked up a couple of boxes. No 9mm or 45 caliber or any other pistol ammo.
    The price is the same as it was 3 months ago, $27.97 + tax.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guys, just fyi but, we still have a pretty decent amount of .223 on hand at Cabelas in Buda (Remington UMC, Hornady TAP I believe, sometimes Corbon, etc). For whatever reason we just haven't sold much of it lately. Anyways, just fyi.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    went to Academy in Arlington last Saturday
    they had 9mm and 38 special ammo in stock.
    $21.99 for box of 50 Winchester NATO 9mm
    damn, I'm used to paying $8.99 for a box of 50 Blazer Brass at Walmart

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Went to Cabelas again today, they were just pulling boxes of ammo off the cart of 9mm, .40S&W, and .45acp.

Prices:
    9mm x 50 $19.99
    .40S&W x 50 $20.99
    .45acp x 50 $27.99

I bought a box of .45acp but I remember a few months back the prices were 14.99, 17.99, and 19.99 for 9mm, .40, and .45acp. The prices are becoming outrageous. The bulk ammo is all gone except for 3 cases of .45-70 which I don't have a gun chambered for. I knew I should have bought that case of .45acp, and .40S&W a couple weeks ago when it was still there. Live and learn I guess.

Stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse too on the way back from Cabelas. Their shelves were still empty except for a few boxes of .17hmr, and some 50 round boxes of .22lr and that was it.

Not even any expensive ammo left on the shelves.

I was talking to one of the employees at Cabelas, and he said 3 days ago a guy came in that had $38,000 to spend and bought up every primer they had in stock, and just about all the ammunition they had. What he couldn't find there he went to another store which turns out must have been Sportsmans Warehouse cause he cleaned them out too.

I wish I had $38k to spend on guns and ammo.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    that guy with $38k
    is he hoarding ammo or is he going to resell it and make a large profit?
    either way, I hate it when they do that!!

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    Kinda reminds me of that "tickle me Elmo" doll a few years ago... Everyone just HAD to have one and would pay a couple thousand dollars to get one... and what happened? And next Christmas seasons? The toy stores had to mark all the damn things off half price to make them move!

Now I doubt that the ammo is going to be marked 50% off next year, but I seem to remember the exact same thing with supply and demand, buying and hording (and the manufacturers not putting more money into increasing production capacity) somewhere around, hmmm, 1994~95????

Buy what you need, leave some for the next guy, and SIT BACK and watch the fools run up the prices buy ammo that most of them will never shoot. Heck, most of the panic people didn't even own a gun before Nov 4th!

I need primers, I need a little bit more powder, but I need one thing that I can't seem to get enough of - time to go to the range!

Aim and squeeze - don't spray and pray. Like a bad bowl of California Chili, this too shall pass....

technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Just because I am feeling a bit snarky, I will point out that it is still quite easy to buy 7.62x54R ammunition. The stuff that is out of stock is just for wimps....

:-)

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    that guy with $38k
    is he hoarding ammo or is he going to resell it and make a large profit?
    either way, I hate it when they do that!!

Well, I just found out that there is a gun show this weekend in Boise Idaho, so I'm wondering if he is one of the guys that goes to all the gun shows and overprices his stuff that he buys.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Bought some 9mm in Plano, Tx

i just left walmart in arlington texas, located on cooper street
    they have 9mm, .380 and .40 SW in stock
    better hurry!!!

Thank's for the tip! I thought that since they had some 9mm in Arlington they might have some in the northern suburbs so I went to the Wal Mart at 121 and Ohio in Plano, Tx. They had what looked to be about 15, 100 round boxes of WWB, 9mm. I bought 5 boxes and left some for the masses.

Oh yeah, and the price was the same as several months ago, $19.97 per box!

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    If you hurry, Wal Mart in McKinney has 9mm and .40 but no .45

Also some 308 and surprisingly they had a stash of 7.62 for you AKers.

Top Bottom