• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I checked two Wal-Mart stores close by me the other day. One had absolutely no handgun ammo except for some .22LR ammo. The other had only some .22LR and a lone box of .44 Magnum.

Looks like gone are the days when you could simply swing by and pick up what you need... :mad:

Amistad
    Capitol Armory ad

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    From what I read, gun and ammo makers both are running at full capacity. They fill military orders first.(as they should) Then the rest of us. They are not willing right now to expand. They, like us, are worried that their investments in their own companies will be put out of business by The Obama Wrecking Company
    When we stop hoarding and new gun owners stop wanting to try out their new guns, maybe supply will catch up with demand. IMHO prices will never be low again.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    You might wanna try the Wal Mart at 1604 & Nacodoches...they almost always have ammo in stock and occasionaly in surplus in some calibers...I always just call ahead and have it put on hold for an hour till i get there...They even get in the Remington UMC on occasion...45 acp 250rd for 81.99 last time i bought it...Winchester 45acp 100rd for 29.97

TXCrossfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Frisco, TX
    I was in Wallyworld in Garland yesterday. 15 foot wide by 7 foot high ammo case had 2 boxes of .410 and 3 boxes of .9mm

Other than that it was totally empty!

Damn near shed a tear right there

OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    Some of the same here, stopped by WW on Spencer in Deer Park Wednesday and their shelves were bare. Hit up the Academy in Sugarland today and snagged the only 3 boxes of WWW in 9mm.
    Asked the kid behind the gun counter if there was any day of the week which would be better to score ammo to which he told me not really.....

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I still maintain that the reason shelves are empty is primarily due to lackluster ordering schedules. The only caliber we seem to be having trouble keep in stock at the moment is .380 (because everyone else is out) and .38 Special (because of our screw up).

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I'm having luck finding ammo...but its only because I'm going to Walmart at 7am. I had luck at Academy the other day...they were stocking up as I walked in at 8am.

I have also been buying ammo for friends as well...so I have been buying ALOT!

and no 380 anywhere!

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I went to the Academy on I45 & Edgebrook, this past Friday and it looked like thay had just stocked their selves with handgun ammo. Ddn't get a chance to go by today, so the selves may be bare by now.

robbo1965

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I know this has been posted before , but any of you tried ordering from Ammunitiontogo.com. They are are located in Brehnam, Tx. Have not tried to order from them my self, but they look legit.

Gibenstein

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I see you are in San Antonio, and I have to agree that the ammo levels are low here (and probably everywhere). It took me 4 Wal-Marts to find me some 9mm 100rd boxes. Picked up some .22LR ammo also just in case, gotta have some plinking ammo.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Anyone have ammo?

My WalnutMart has bare shelves as well. I'm running on absolute minimum here. Should anything go down, talk about needing to be super-accurate just to be efficient. I might have to take to bad guys with a hammer!

Someone might need to show me how to reload. I have picked up brass the last few sessions.

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    The shelves for most reloading supplies are also empty. You can still find most bullets if you look, Brass if you aren't choosey about the source (and you are willing to pay), but powder and (especially) primers are in very short supply. I think this is the 1st time in my life that I have had more factory ammo than I have had reloads on hand.... oh, I forgot... I mean BEFORE I lost all my guns and ammo when john-boat flipped on the lake last weekend...

j.r.flaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Austin
    Bare shelves-AMMO

I know what you guys mean. I was at the last SAXET gunshow here in Austin,the ammo selection was thin and prices seemed high. I order now from Ammunitiontogo, I spend my money with a TX company and saves me alot of running around. It's a great company to deal with, great prices and products. Right now orders are taking 9-12 days to be processed.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Anyone have ammo?

My WalnutMart has bare shelves as well. I'm running on absolute minimum here. Should anything go down, talk about needing to be super-accurate just to be efficient. I might have to take to bad guys with a hammer!

Someone might need to show me how to reload. I have picked up brass the last few sessions.

Hey Monica...I'm stocked up on 45 as of yesterday...if I run into some 45 want me to pick it up for you? I am still out hunting for 223 so I will be going to Walmarts in the mornings still...

robbo1965

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    robbo1965

I order som 6.8 spc from Ammotogo and was very pleased with their service. I received just what I ordered.

OKie556

OKie556, how long did you wait from the time you placed your order to time you actually recieved your order? As of yet, I have not made an order.

As for 9mm, I just found some at Academy. I bought 2/50 rd boxes of Monarch at $10.49 a box. And what the sales associate told me, it is good rannge ammo. They also had Winchester brand at $12.49 for fifty rounds, and another brand I forget the name for $12.99.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    As for 9mm, I just found some at Academy. I bought 2/50 rd boxes of Monarch at $10.49 a box. And what the sales associate told me, it is good rannge ammo. They also had Winchester brand at $12.49 for fifty rounds, and another brand I forget the name for $12.99.

Shot some of the Monarch stuff today through an XD9...worked flawlessly. I was weary at first but took a few boxes anyways to try...good stuff.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Shot some of the Monarch stuff today through an XD9...worked flawlessly. I was weary at first but took a few boxes anyways to try...good stuff.

I too have shot about 6 boxes of Monarch and have no complaints except for the unusually small boxes they come in. Simple solution that I take is just transfer the rounds into bigger plastic storage trays that I have been stocking up on for when I get into reloading (fingers crossed hopefully soon).

Still pisses me off the you absolutely cannot fucking find 380 rounds anywhere. I've got my Colt Mustang and the poor thing is just begging to be played with.

Top Bottom