• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Does anyone own or have any experience with the Yildiz over unders? I was looking at them at Academy tonight and for the price it seems like it could be a nice little gun. Its defiantly not my dads hogillion dollar Browing but it felt good for the cost.
    Capitol Armory ad

jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    I love mine. I have shot skeet with it several times and never missed a beat. (not saying I never missed tho LOL) Can't beat the price.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I bought a Yildiz 12 gauge on Thursday. Took it straight over and had a Limbsaver, a skeet bead and a center bead installed. Shot 2 rounds (50 clays) with it on Saturday. 44 x #8 comp loads and 6 x #4 pheasant loads (just to try out the recoil pad). Didn't miss a single one. I haven't shot clays for over 6 years and I never imagined I could shoot like that. Fit and finish are ok, came with 5 chokes and the Turkish walnut is fantastic. I’d say go for it.

A couple of things to consider:
    1. Look at several that they have. The Academy by my work here had a terrible display model. The engraving was bad and the wood was ugly, but after looking at a couple in the box, I found a beautiful one.
    2. If you plan to shoot anything other than dove or quail, get a pad put on it. They come with a ¼” piece of rubber on the butt. I’m going on a duck hunt with it next week and there was no way that I was shooting duck loads through it as it was. The Limbsavers are great.
    3. If you shoot O/U’s then you should know to use your bottom barrel first, but especially with this gun. The aluminum receiver makes this the lightest O/U I’ve ever used, and shooting the bottom barrel first will push the gun straight back into your shoulder as that barrel is better in line with the center of the butt. This will help keep you on target for a follow up shot.
    4. The LOP is long on these. I’m 6’3” with arms like a gorilla and I had to have a spacer installed on my Montefeltro. I only had to put a standard pad on the Yildiz to bring it out to where I needed it. If you’re shorter, you might need to have the stock shortened slightly. Apparently the Turkish are taller than the Italians...

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Thanks for the replys. I did a lot of looking lastnight and I have yet to find anyone say anything bad about them. I guess I have some things to think about humm

thegoaty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    leander, texas
    my wife bought me a yildiz o/u for fathers day at first i was a little put off because i was looking at pumps at the time and had not heard of yildiz brand.i also heard that the light gun and being an o/u would have a horrible kick, anyway shot the gun and loved it ,sure it has a kick but no biggie plus its a 12 ga , get over it. also it has a lot of nice features for that price range .i am a average sized fellow and the gun fits me well. no complaints about it at all. also my wife did say she had them open different boxexs to find the nicest stock and she did well, its very nice. there are problems with the firing pins though apparently the break after a bunch of shells . but it does have one year warranty and can be serviced in texas by briley i believe. also other forums have people working on finding new ones or manufacturing themselves. at any rate its a nice gun for the price.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I have been looking at this yildiz also. Sounds like it is a good buy. I have a Remington 1100 12 ga semi-auto I bought in the 80's that is in very good condition. May try to sell or trade to get a over and under shotgun.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I have been looking at this yildiz also. Sounds like it is a good buy. I have a Remington 1100 12 ga semi-auto I bought in the 80's that is in very good condition. May try to sell or trade to get a over and under shotgun.

I ended up buying the MX Clays Model it was a little more then then normal one but I feel like it fit me a lot better so I spent the extra money.

I have about 700 shells threw it now and have not had any issues. Infact I shot my first 25 with it. I am happy to say the least

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    my wife bought me a yildiz o/u for fathers day at first i was a little put off because i was looking at pumps at the time and had not heard of yildiz brand.i also heard that the light gun and being an o/u would have a horrible kick, anyway shot the gun and loved it ,sure it has a kick but no biggie plus its a 12 ga , get over it. also it has a lot of nice features for that price range .i am a average sized fellow and the gun fits me well. no complaints about it at all. also my wife did say she had them open different boxexs to find the nicest stock and she did well, its very nice. there are problems with the firing pins though apparently the break after a bunch of shells . but it does have one year warranty and can be serviced in texas by briley i believe. also other forums have people working on finding new ones or manufacturing themselves. at any rate its a nice gun for the price.

Good to know... I've been looking for a good O/U and so I'll probably snag one the next time they go on sale...

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have a 20ga and a 12ga. I like them both. Bought them to bird hunt with my son. At 10 he could handle the 20ga pretty well. They don't have the best finish in the world, but they are great firing guns out of the box. I think it would be hard to beat them for the price.

Nef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    I did sporting clays for the first time a few weeks back and shot one of these that a friend graciously let me use.

I'm not an avid shotgunner by any means so my experiences are kind of limited. But these were my noob impressions.

1. Really light, my shoulder hurt like hell after 100 rds. It made me feel like a girly man.

2. Was really tight to break open. I'm sure it would loosen up with some use though.

3. I had some issues with the firing pins not resetting a few times on the second shot. First shots also didn't go bang a couple of times but that could have just been me not breaking it open all the way.

Overall though I had a great time with it and am thinking of picking one up to get started with clays. For the prices I saw, I'd have a hard time complaining about it.

Top Bottom