Texas SOT

You guys ready for Game of Thrones tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The nipple time was worth it.
    The actress who plays her has insisted for some time that she will no longer do nudity for the show. I assume it was done via some sort of special effect, similar to the way the Queen Mother's walk of shame was accomplished.

Great way to end the episode, though. In fact, I loved this episode. It had several characters actually doing something to move the story along. After the first three episodes, with their plodding pace, it was a real bright spot.

And the way that Tormund kept eyeing Brienne of Tarth was super cool. Brienne may wind up getting some action other than battle. I hope she does; if any character has earned a little recreation time, it's her.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    She claims it was all real.

Now Emilia Clarke, who plays the flame-proof Daenerys Targaryen, Mother Of Dragons, has spoken about her spectacular nude scene that wrapped the latest episode of the HBO medieval drama.
    She told Entertainment Weekly: 'This is all me, all proud, all strong. That ain’t no body double!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Game-Thrones-saying-ain-t-no-body-double.html

A body double was used when Cersei did her walk of shame last season, according to articles.

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    And the way that Tormund kept eyeing Brienne of Tarth was super cool. Brienne may wind up getting some action other than battle. I hope she does; if any character has earned a little recreation time, it's her.

She looked as if she couldn't quite know what to make of his interest. I'd like to see something develop too.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I wish they hadn't killed off Osha as if she never really mattered as a character.

They should have gave her character more screen time before they did what they did.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    She claims it was all real.

Apparently she's had a change of heart. However, given shooting schedules and post-production time, she surely knew in September of 2015, when she was widely quoted as hating sex scenes, that she was splitting hairs. She was naked last Sunday; it was just not a sex scene.

The entertainment industry certainly knows how to manipulate their message, don't they? :)

http://zap2it.com/2015/09/emilia-clarke-naked-game-of-thrones-sex-scenes/

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    If I was still in Jr. High, I'd really like it I'm sure.

As it is, it's not watchable.

troll-with-phone-collection-007-570x575.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If I was still in Jr. High, I'd really like it I'm sure.

As it is, it's not watchable.
    Any specific objections? I think it's a pretty good telling of a huge story. The worst part of it is that we only get 10 hours per year.

I realize that not everything appeals to everybody and I'm not being judgemental. Lord knows, I find some things unwatchable but I'm always able to articulate at least a few reasons. So I'm truly curious. What makes this "unwatchable" for you?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The script and acting is so hyperbolic, ...
    Fair point. Scenery is, indeed, chewed. I think there are enough quiet moments to compensate, especially some of Peter Dinklage's best scenes, but to each his own.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm about as mature as the average 15-year-old, either. :)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Fair point. Scenery is, indeed, chewed. I think there are enough quiet moments to compensate, especially some of Peter Dinklage's best scenes, but to each his own.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm about as mature as the average 15-year-old, either. :)

I resemble that remark!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio

There are apparently millions of us.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Spoiler warning.

Hodor is a contraction of "Hold the door"? For a series with big reveals in nearly every episode, this was an anticlimax. Losing a good character, finding out he had a stupid name, and losing another direwolf made for a downer of an episode. It moved the story along, all right. I liked that. But some of the stuff that happened was really crappy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom