Join TexasGunTalk

You know what the worst thing is about job hunting?

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by Kar98, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Dealing with those damn recruiters! Either it's 20 year old chipmunk girls hyped up on speed, everything is awesome, yay, wheeeeee, LOLLERS, teehee!!!! Sorry, sweetie, could you dial down the chipperness some? You're at 11. I need you at about a 3 the most. or mush-mouthed Indians from out of state who have no idea what an employer is looking for or what anything on my resume means. Oh and you can't understand a damn word they're saying. Ihaveamamababbababballabityinnaplanno? What? I have literally no idea what you're saying, buddy!

2. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Lol once at work I had to contact FedEx because our pickup no showed. I get some Indian gal. I closed the door, tried covering one ear, asked her to repeat herself, I just handed her off to one of my bosses. Was done. “Can’t understand shit, you try.”

Dad_Roman likes this.
  3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Age discrimination. It is real.

Charlie, oldag and Moonpie like this.
  4. ian

ian Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    I went job searching here on a trip before the move and was a little nervous because I had never been unemployed. I never had to interview. 2 days and 4 interviews later I had 3 offer letters in my posession. I ended up taking the job that didn't give me an offer letter. God bless Texas.

5. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    No. I don't.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  6. Longhorn1986

Longhorn1986 Active Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    What annoys the crap out of me is the recruiters who don't actually have a specific position in mind, but they insist on meeting to "get to know you". I have better things to do that sit around over a cup of coffee and have sunshine blown up my @##. If you have something tangible, great, let's talk, otherwise, get lost.

MTA89, Charlie, Hoji and 2 others like this.
  7. TexasBrandon

TexasBrandon TGT Addict

Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    This is a huge problem in the IT field. I have gotten all of my jobs due to people that I knew, as this is the only real way to get the jobs that aren't "listed" or that would get you at the bottom of the pile. I still get emails and LinkedIn spam from recruiters and I just block them. They have no idea what I do or what the position requires.

8. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Will work for 10mm TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've noticed this as well. Or they try to recruit you for a position that may be related to one small bullet point on your LinkedIn profile but you haven't touched in 5+ years.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  9. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Absolutely.
    Even noticed outright hostility to older folks.

Charlie likes this.
  10. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Old folks should be use to disappointment!