TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    w. "Assault firearm" means:

(1) The following firearms:

Algimec AGM1 type

Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the "Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"

Armalite AR-180 type

Australian Automatic Arms SAR

Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms

Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms

Bushmaster Assault Rifle

Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900

CETME G3

Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type

Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series

Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types

Demro TAC-1 carbine type

Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types

FAMAS MAS223 types

FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms

Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns

G3SA type

Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1

Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms

M1 carbine type

M14S type

MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms

PJK M-68 carbine type

Plainfield Machine Company Carbine

Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-14/5RF

SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types

SKS with detachable magazine type

Spectre Auto carbine type

Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type

Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types

Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms

USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun

Uzi type semi-automatic firearms

Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms

Weaver Arm Nighthawk.

(2) Any firearm manufactured under any designation which is substantially identical to any of the firearms listed above, and including, but not limited to:

(a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) a thumbhole stock;

(iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

(v) a bayonet mount;

(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or muzzle compensator; or

(vii) a grenade launcher; or

(b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

(iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of six rounds;

(v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

(iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

(vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;

(vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; or

(viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm.

(3) A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.

(4) A semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds.

(5) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

x. "Semi-automatic" means a firearm which fires a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger and is self-reloading or automatically chambers a round, cartridge, or bullet.

y. "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.

z. "Pistol grip" means a well-defined handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which permits the shotgun to be held and fired with one hand.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S1000/548_I1.HTM?mc_cid=60d4ed50bd&mc_eid=5ed67bce55
    Hurley's Gold

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Before that list was finalized so many years ago, the Model 60 was included on that list. :beat:

Also, I believe they will be changing mag capacity to 10 rounds shortly as well.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    w. "Assault firearm" means:

(1) The following firearms:

Algimec AGM1 type

Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder such as the "Street Sweeper" or "Striker 12"

Armalite AR-180 type

Australian Automatic Arms SAR

Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms

Beretta AR-70 and BM59 semi-automatic firearms

Bushmaster Assault Rifle

Calico M-900 Assault carbine and M-900

CETME G3

Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88 type

Colt AR-15 and CAR-15 series

Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1 and Max 2, AR 100 types

Demro TAC-1 carbine type

Encom MP-9 and MP-45 carbine types

FAMAS MAS223 types

FN-FAL, FN-LAR, or FN-FNC type semi-automatic firearms

Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12 shotguns

G3SA type

Galil type Heckler and Koch HK91, HK93, HK94, MP5, PSG-1

Intratec TEC 9 and 22 semi-automatic firearms

M1 carbine type

M14S type

MAC 10, MAC 11, MAC 11-9mm carbine type firearms

PJK M-68 carbine type

Plainfield Machine Company Carbine

Ruger K-Mini-14/5F and Mini-14/5RF

SIG AMT, SIG 550SP, SIG 551SP, SIG PE-57 types

SKS with detachable magazine type

Spectre Auto carbine type

Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48 type

Sterling MK-6, MK-7 and SAR types

Steyr A.U.G. semi-automatic firearms

USAS 12 semi-automatic type shotgun

Uzi type semi-automatic firearms

Valmet M62, M71S, M76, or M78 type semi-automatic firearms

Weaver Arm Nighthawk.

(2) Any firearm manufactured under any designation which is substantially identical to any of the firearms listed above, and including, but not limited to:

(a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) a thumbhole stock;

(iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

(v) a bayonet mount;

(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or muzzle compensator; or

(vii) a grenade launcher; or

(b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of six rounds;

(v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;

(iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

(vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;

(vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; or

(viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm.

(3) A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.

(4) A semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds.

(5) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

x. "Semi-automatic" means a firearm which fires a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger and is self-reloading or automatically chambers a round, cartridge, or bullet.

y. "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.

z. "Pistol grip" means a well-defined handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which permits the shotgun to be held and fired with one hand.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S1000/548_I1.HTM?mc_cid=60d4ed50bd&mc_eid=5ed67bce55
    Translation: SCARY!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Woman offered me a really good job opportunity in California. I said I won't go.

Her: No problem it’s a wildly progressive school that I don’t really understand but saw it and thought I should share.

Me: Can't live in California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Maryland, and Pennsylvania

Her: Damum that’s a bunch of no states.

Me: yeah well
    1f609.png
    I don't want to be a felon so I won't move there. Half the firearms I own are banned there

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Woman offered me a really good job opportunity in California. I said I won't go.

Her: No problem it’s a wildly progressive school that I don’t really understand but saw it and thought I should share.

Me: Can't live in California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Maryland, and Pennsylvania

Her: Damum that’s a bunch of no states.

Me: yeah well View attachment 140948 I don't want to be a felon so I won't move there. Half the firearms I own are banned there
    I'll hold your firearms for ya, go for it!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Seriously one, of several reasons, I didn't re-enlist a few years ago was because there was a real good chance I was gonna have to go to California. What would I have done with my SOCOM 16? I was already in NY and the newest assault weapons ban was being implemented.

It was nice to come home to Texas and have all my toys.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    And what about the idiots voting for them that want these policies?
    Not sure how to answer that without looking like a crazy person. Some things in life I have a line drawn. Its why communities are important. My current neighborhood as an example. If for some reason a ban was passed in town limits it wouldn't be enforced. It would be a death sentence to those sent out to enforce it and take guns away.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Seriously one, of several reasons, I didn't re-enlist a few years ago was because there was a real good chance I was gonna have to go to California. What would I have done with my SOCOM 16? I was already in NY and the newest assault weapons ban was being implemented.

It was nice to come home to Texas and have all my toys.
    That’s why I retired when I did. There was a 100% chance I was headed to San Diego. I grew up in Texas, and managed to be stationed in Texas for 12 of my 21 years. So I decided to go ahead and retire as they shut down the base I was attatched to.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If for some reason a ban was passed in town limits it wouldn't be enforced. It would be a death sentence to those sent out to enforce it and take guns away.

It is enforced in other ways. MFG of new guns end. Spare parts get harder to get. Nearly impossible to sell publicly. Most folks are limited to fondling it in their home, and not taking it out in public.

Gun control is long ball.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    So if passed, any gun with a detachable mag (max 15 rounds-soon to be 10) could still have a pistol grip. And as long as the flash hider was permanently attached, the stock was fixed and you didn't add a "grenade" launcher or a fore grip it would still be legal.

Not quite California style, but getting there. That'll be after the next school shooting.

That evil pistol grip is a "feature" and thus the rifle would be banned. Doesn't matter if the flash hider is permanently attached. The mere presence of one is also a "feature." Fixed stock is okay but it will have one strange shape to accommodate the lack of a pistol grip.

Sounds like the firing line at any Service Rifle match is going to look like a Garand convention, since both AR15s and M14s are banned by this law. I can only hope any NJ citizens who decide to vote with their feet aren't the type who voted these stupid legicritters into office.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    That evil pistol grip is a "feature" and thus the rifle would be banned. Doesn't matter if the flash hider is permanently attached. The mere presence of one is also a "feature." Fixed stock is okay but it will have one strange shape to accommodate the lack of a pistol grip.

Yep! I completely read that wrong . I will edit my post so as to avoid any confusion. Thanks.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Yep! I completely read that wrong . I will edit my post so as to avoid any confusion. Thanks.

Nowhere near as big an error as writing the bill in the first place.

I feel sorry for NJ. Maryland passed a similar bill in 2013 but 4,000 of us testifying against it until 2:00 am in the Senate and another few thousand keeping them at it until 4:00 am in the House managed to beat them back to a "two feature" test with an exemption for the heavy barrel ARs used in rifle competition. The law still sucked and Baltimore's murder rate is pretty good proof not one life was saved by it.

Top Bottom