Military Camp

You wake up to a house fire. What is your family trained to do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    This thread got me thinking about this subject...

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/news-articles/47878-sa-man-stopped-saving-baby-being-tased-2.html

I've been through Fire Fighter training. I remember a video that was hard to watch and made me think, I will not let that happen to my family. It was a story about 2 sisters that died in a house fire. They were huddled together in front of a window from what I remember.

This is more of a service message... If you have toddlers or small kids. Seperate them and ask them individually. "If there was a fire, what would you do?"

Most will say... "Wait for you to come get me." That is a death sentence. Make sure your children know how to get out in an emergency that warrants it. Practice it as often as you think you need to.

I remember there are stickers that you can get that glow in the dark. They can be placed on the bottom of your child's bedroom door. If firefighters are performing search and rescue it will help them when they are probing in the dark smoke. Kids hide in fires. Under beds, in closets, etc.

I know this isn't the same situation as that thread. But it made me think of it again and I can't go without offering up the information. If it were me in the situation of not being allowed to go back in, I would be the same way. I would risk it if I could. Even if that means by force. I know why decisions are made to go defensive on a fire instead of offensive. I understand the not risking firefighters for life already lost. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself without saying I did everything I could.

Sigh.... Scary thought. Period. Prepare, prepare, prepare.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:
    Top Bottom