• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just in case you've not seen it. This made me cry. Very graphic... be warned.

[url]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0db_1245519048[/URL]

'Neda' becomes rallying cry for Iranian protests

Story Highlights

"Neda" was reportedly killed on Saturday during Iranian protests

Her death captured on video has sparked worldwide debate

"Neda" had become one of top "trending topics" on Twitter by late Saturday

(CNN) -- "RIP NEDA, The World cries seeing your last breath, you didn't die in vain. We remember you."

That post on Twitter came from a man who identified himself as an American guitarist in Nashville, Tennessee.

Amid the hundreds of images and videos of Saturday's brutal crackdown on protesters in Iran that flooded the Internet, it was the graphic video showing the death of a young woman that touched a nerve among those following the events in Tehran for more than a week.

Like most of the information coming out of Tehran, it is impossible to verify her name, Neda, or the circumstances of her apparent death, captured close-up on a bystander's camera.

CNN ran a pixilated version of the video, which was posted on YouTube. It shows a woman in jeans and white sneakers collapsed on the street, as the person with the camera -- most likely from a cell phone -- runs toward her and focuses on her face. Watch a portion of the video and how the Twitter community is responding »

One blogger posted that Neda was protesting with her father in Tehran when pro-government Basiji militia opened fire and shot her in the heart.

"The final moments of her tender young life leaked into the pavement of Karegeh Street today, captured by cell phone cameras," the unnamed blogger posted on Newsvine.com. "And not long after, took on new life, flickering across computer screens around the world on YouTube, and even CNN." iReport.com: Share images from Iran

People on Twitter starting forming a discussion group with the "hashtag" .neda to post their comments about her death and media coverage of the killing, as well. Watch how online community is following Iranian protests »

It became one of the top "trending topics" on Twitter by Saturday evening, early Sunday Tehran time.

"Neda, ojala que tu muerte no sea en vano," one poster tweeted. "Neda, I hope that your death is not in vain."
    Military Camp

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    This is what the RKBA is all about. Nothing like protesting against the government only to have government thugs come and pick your people off one by one.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is what the RKBA is all about. Nothing like protesting against the government only to have government thugs come and pick your people off one by one.

Completely agree.

Poor girl didn't have a chance, and knowing that region of the world I'd be willing to bet it was not within moral means.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I have Fox Newsroom on in the background with the same topic rolling.

Just ranting here...
    Is this what the US will turn into? Current climates see MSM antagonizing conservative protesters and essentially criticizing and poking fun at over the airwaves. How long until there is an escalation in attacks on any opposition?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think all those people who want to eliminate the 2nd amendment should be required to live in Iran for a couple years.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think all those people who want to eliminate the 2nd amendment should be required to live in Iran for a couple years.

Extend that to should be required to live in any country where they suppress their citizens and beat them for speaking out.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Extend that to should be required to live in any country where they suppress their citizens and beat them for speaking out.
    You know it would be our tax dollars sending them to other countries, so lets get em all on the same ship and do a tour of these countries and see how many make it back

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Truly sad. I have seen some bad things but for someone to lose their life for speaking out against oppression is a sad thing. Send some Marines over there in the middle of the night and send president Auk Ma-dodo to whichever God he sees fit.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    this regime is what the Iranians installed after their 1979 revolution......
    you remember that revolution.....where AMERICANS were held hostage......
    It is sad what happened to that girl....
    but "you've made your bed, now lay in it"
    hopefully their people will wake up and do what they know is right,
    no matter the consequences.......
    it's damn true..... freedom doesn't come free

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009

this regime is what the Iranians installed after their 1979 revolution......
    you remember that revolution.....where AMERICANS were held hostage......
    It is sad what happened to that girl....
    but "you've made your bed, now lay in it"
    hopefully their people will wake up and do what they know is right,
    no matter the consequences.......
    it's damn true..... freedom doesn't come free

I'm with HK Boy. Keep it in perspective, they're pissed because their votes were ignored. A natural impulse. The bigger picture to me is that the ones getting their ass handed to them are supporting a different flavor of the same dish. Totalitarianism. It's disturbing to see a life loss like that but keep that in mind when you hear about our guys getting hit with advanced IEDs from Iran. It would take a lot more before I stop calling them enemy.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Keep it in perspective, they're pissed because their votes were ignored.

They are pissed because they were the only morons on the face of the earth that thought their votes mattered.

I'm not sure why the Iranian government started that farce. They should have left it and labeled it what it is, a dictatorship.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The government is the enemy of the US not the vast majority of the people. The people are trying to change the way thins are done, and I think we aught to give there "president" a little incentive to stop mascarading as a President and step down. The problem is that it is an internal problem and the United States needs to stay the hell out of it until it effects us. I know I said that we should pick off "President" Auk Ma-dodo but the cold hard truth is we can't help everyone who needs it all the time or our country will go to shit. We could send a sniper team and out before anyone knew what hit them and we would get a good Allie for it to.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. I have Fox Newsroom on in the background with the same topic rolling.

Just ranting here...
    Is this what the US will turn into? Current climates see MSM antagonizing conservative protesters and essentially criticizing and poking fun at over the airwaves. How long until there is an escalation in attacks on any opposition?

Oh, I'd love to see some left-wing whacknut try something like this at a Tea Party rally. Can you imagine!? Go to youtube and look up Ted Nugent's speech at the San Antonio Tea Party. You'll notice that his shirt is snagged on (what I'm positive is) a concealed handgun. When the people giving the speeches are carrying, what do you think is going on out in the crowd?

Someone would have to be suicidal to want to bring a gunfight to that crowd.

Truly sad. I have seen some bad things but for someone to lose their life for speaking out against oppression is a sad thing. Send some Marines over there in the middle of the night and send president Auk Ma-dodo to whichever God he sees fit.

Nope, don't send the Marines. Do it right. Send a few "A" teams. Introduce people to modern living and the concepts of liberty, how to install and run a government properly... and teach them guerrilla warfare. You know - the basics.

Top Bottom