• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I"m volunteering to be Texas coordinator for the following meetings. Ideally we'd get one volunteer per city coordinate locally.

Here is what I've done over at ar15.com

Your Action Needed: Texas Public Hearings On Suppressors for Hunting. - Page 1 - AR15.COM

TPWD: News Release: Feb. 21, 2012: TPWD Sets Statewide Public Hearings

AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is recommending changes to next year’s hunting and fishing regulations. The department is seeking comment on these proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations during a series of public hearings.

The public is encouraged to attend public meetings in their area and provide comment on proposed changes. The TPW Commission will make final rulemaking at its March 28-29 public hearing in Austin.

TPWD Public Hearing Calendar
    All meetings are open to the public and begin at 7 p.m.
    March 6
    • Beaumont, Holiday Inn & Suites, 3950 I-10 South.
    • Denison, Center for Workplace Learning (Room #111), 6101 Grayson Drive.
    • Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches Co. Courthouse Annex, 203 West Main.
    • San Antonio, Lions Field Adult Center, 2809 Broadway.
    March 13
    • Dickinson, TPWD Dickinson Lab, 1502 FM 517 East (Pine Drive).
    • Fort Worth, Kennedale High School, Gymnasium, 901 Wildcat Way, Kennedale.
    • Marshall, Lions Community Center, 1201 Louisiana Street.
    March 14
    • Port Isabel, Port Isabel Community Center, 213 Yturria.
    March 20
    • Houston, Sheldon Lake State Park, Regional Headquarters Classroom, 14200 Garrett Road.
    • McKinney, Myers Park & Event Center, 7117 County Road 166.
    • New Boston, Bowie County Courthouse (2nd floor), 710 James Bowie Drive.

basurero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    south texas
    I"m volunteering to be Texas coordinator for the following meetings. Ideally we'd get one volunteer per city coordinate locally.

Here is what I've done over at ar15.com

Your Action Needed: Texas Public Hearings On Suppressors for Hunting. - Page 1 - AR15.COM

TPWD: News Release: Feb. 21, 2012: TPWD Sets Statewide Public Hearings

AUSTIN — The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is recommending changes to next year’s hunting and fishing regulations. The department is seeking comment on these proposed changes to the state’s hunting and fishing regulations during a series of public hearings.

The public is encouraged to attend public meetings in their area and provide comment on proposed changes. The TPW Commission will make final rulemaking at its March 28-29 public hearing in Austin.

TPWD Public Hearing Calendar
    All meetings are open to the public and begin at 7 p.m.
    March 6
    • Beaumont, Holiday Inn & Suites, 3950 I-10 South.
    • Denison, Center for Workplace Learning (Room #111), 6101 Grayson Drive.
    • Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches Co. Courthouse Annex, 203 West Main.
    • San Antonio, Lions Field Adult Center, 2809 Broadway.
    March 13
    • Dickinson, TPWD Dickinson Lab, 1502 FM 517 East (Pine Drive).
    • Fort Worth, Kennedale High School, Gymnasium, 901 Wildcat Way, Kennedale.
    • Marshall, Lions Community Center, 1201 Louisiana Street.
    March 14
    • Port Isabel, Port Isabel Community Center, 213 Yturria.
    March 20
    • Houston, Sheldon Lake State Park, Regional Headquarters Classroom, 14200 Garrett Road.
    • McKinney, Myers Park & Event Center, 7117 County Road 166.
    • New Boston, Bowie County Courthouse (2nd floor), 710 James Bowie Drive.

Attending a local meeting is great, but don't forget that the proposed change to TPWD Lawful Methods allowing the use of silencers is open for online public comment through 28 March. Wether you can attend a local meeting or not all of us should take a few minutes to go to the following site and leave a comment supporting th proposed rule change.

It's etremely simply. Go to the site and fill in your name, home county, and what type of hunting/fishing/both/none license you have; scroll down to the Lawful Methods section and click agree/disagree/etc; then scroll down to the end and click submit.

Takes maybe 45 seconds to do the whole thing.

The change was proposed at the February TPWD meeting. The proposal was accepted for consideration and is now open for online public comment through 28 March. Follow the link below to indicate your support (or non-support if you disagree). Just takes a few mouse clicks and you're done; should take between 30 seconds and 1 minute to complete. Fill in your name, home county, and license status (hunting, fishing, both, none), then scroll down to the Lawful Means section and click agree, disagree, etc. Then scroll to the end and click submit.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business..._hunting.phtml

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Go to the site and fill in your name, home county, and what type of hunting/fishing/both/none license you have; scroll down to the Lawful Methods section and click agree/disagree/etc; then scroll down to the end and click submit.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business..._hunting.phtml

Certainly worth doing. I will try to attend the McKinney, Tx meeting.

My comments submitted to the above link:
    Silencers should be allowed for hunting in Texas. The federal laws that have established the current prevailing attitude and licensing requirements concerning the use of silencers are antiquated “left over” laws from the J. Edgar Hoover days and the 1930s criminal gangster era. Silencers are allowed (in fact, encouraged) in the United Kingdom for all manner and form of sport shooting. From Wikipedia: “In the United Kingdom… Police forces usually approve applications for a suppressor for hunting and target shooters…” America is behind the times with regard to silencers for firearm usage – and Texas should lead the way out!

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    Suppressors for hunting.Why?

Murfdog

I have hearing loss from being at dove shoots and not wearing hearing protection when I was younger. Most hunters want to be able to hear game. Suppressors reduce the sound of muzzle blast and prevent hearing loss in many instances without requiring the hunter to wear hearing protection.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Suppressors for hunting.Why?

Murfdog

I'll answer your question with another question... have you ever tried to hunt on a property overrun with hogs? A group of hogs will give you one shot before running off. Now with a quiet weapon you can take down two or twelve before they knew what hit them.

Top Bottom