• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FiremanLyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Round Rock
    Got this idea from a gun website thats threads often crumble into juvenile antics, thought we should try it here.

Post your battle buddy (you know, best buddy dog, no cats and dogs under 30lbs when full grown are large cats).

DCP_0554s.jpg

This is Bailey, my Boxweiler, have had her since 2001 when she was a little puppy. This picture is from February '03.

DCP_2187s.jpg

Here is Bailey in Feb '06, the year we were in Pennsylvania.

IMG_2273s.jpg

This is Bailey this summer. She is 13 now, retired in dog years. Just like me, she moves slower, has blown disks in her back and arthritis. She used to do 10k with me daily, now she can't make it much over 2 miles. She has been my faithful battle buddy for years.

4 year old daughter puts her in pink collars, don't blame me.

Share your Battle Buddy here with me.
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• DCP_0554.jpg
      DCP_0554.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 140

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Here's mine:

100_0223.jpg

He's a fully intact 8 y/o sire. 108 lb Chocolate Lab. Bought him from a "breeder" in a Walmart parking lot. My Veterinarian asked me if I was gonna "hunt him." No, said I would keep him. Two years of tough puppy love -- chewing, digging, barking, howling, yelping, and general mayhem.

He got loose on Christmas Eve his first year and did not come home till early morning. Raided the neighborhood Christmas decorations and brought home strings of lights, extension cords, wreaths, and yard displays.

He's got the strength to dig a "proper" fighting position in my vegetable garden. He is my battle buddy.

FiremanLyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Round Rock
    Thanks Charlie. She's been in my life longer than my wife.

He got loose on Christmas Eve his first year and did not come home till early morning. Raided the neighborhood Christmas decorations and brought home strings of lights, extension cords, wreaths, and yard displays.

Awesome story! And that is one serious face on that Lab.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Rowdy was the best dog I ever had. I've seen him catch rabbits. He was very protective and a good judge of character. He growled at a new neighbor once from 60 yards away. Found out later that he had 17 convictions for offenses such as possession with the intent to sell and 2 counts of assault and battery on his ex-wife and a girlfriend. He started trouble with some neighbors and 16 neighbors testified against him in civil court. He moved pretty quick. I lost him to a brain tumor 3 years ago.
    P4180014.gif

Pork chop is a pitbull/damation mix. I don't have a recent picture, but he weighs 75lbs now and he is 11 months old. Here he is at 5 months for the Independence Day Neighborhood Party.
    PorkChoprwb_zps9abf2049.gif

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    With out being a downer .. the story on Rowdy above was hard to read, and guessing their will be more of 'those'.. my best friend lost his 'Angel' told him at the time that she'd meet him at the gate and welcome him into heaven.. Least that's how I see it working.. and hope so.. so for all the sad stories.. wonderful endings..

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    My first battle buddy 'Ares'

Had him for 2 weeks now and can't imagine being without him.
    He is a 4 month old pure bred German Shepherd.

I'm covered in scratches from playing hours of tug of ear and fetch and constantly pulling socks out his mouth but wouldn't have it any other way.

7eje7a9y.jpg
    be8a3y9e.jpg
    9y8a3aze.jpg

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    uguzy9a4.jpg

Had to give Layla up when I came to the oilfield but she was my constant companion for 3yrs. She never listened didn't have the time or want to needed to make her obedient. But she sure was protective of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    That's about it for bulldogs! every once in a while he flips out and does laps around the motor home and then passes out.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    My first battle buddy 'Ares'

Had him for 2 weeks now and can't imagine being without him.
    He is a 4 month old pure bred German Shepherd.

I'm covered in scratches from playing hours of tug of ear and fetch and constantly pulling socks out his mouth but wouldn't have it any other way.

7eje7a9y.jpg
    be8a3y9e.jpg
    9y8a3aze.jpg

Mine is still hyper and shes 5 now. I hear you, even after everything mine has torn up, I still couldnt imagine being without her. Shes my buddy.

Meet Katy. Pure GSD also. (Sideways pic) lol
    Katy.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    943E192A-B259-4829-B3CE-B3F3743705B1.gif

Daizy, my sisters shar pei/pit mix. She is insanely smart and sensitive to peoples attitudes. very sweet with a slice of bitch.

Cooper is our new pup, someone ditched him on I10... Not sure what he is. Too hyper for me though. Smart little guy too.

The big guy laying in the bed of the truck is my 110 lb mastiff Joe (think he is South African boerboel mix)... He is a big lovable retard and HIGHLY protective. Joe muzzle punched one of my buddies in the face and broke his nose. He was blowing in joe's face though so he had it comin. He also took out a deer in our yard. I never laughed so hard in my life.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    View attachment 25919 Lady is my shadow. We adopted her about six months ago, and she had been abused. It took her about two months before she came around to us. Now, she thinks she needs to be touching me in some way if I am home. She either lays on the couch next to me, or she lays her head on my feet. She minds well, is not food, animal or person aggressive. She a really sweet dog, but she hates squirrels, and has caught two in our backyard. So no real battles for her, except with the furry tail kind.

I didn't want this dog to start with (my daughter brought her home), but she is my little buddy now.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    Here's mine:

View attachment 25880

He's a fully intact 8 y/o sire. 108 lb Chocolate Lab. Bought him from a "breeder" in a Walmart parking lot. My Veterinarian asked me if I was gonna "hunt him." No, said I would keep him. Two years of tough puppy love -- chewing, digging, barking, howling, yelping, and general mayhem.

He's got the strength to dig a "proper" fighting position in my vegetable garden. He is my battle buddy.

Beatuiful Lab!
    ima sucker for labs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom