DK Firearms

Your best story from the grocery store line?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I tend to get very loud and obnoxious when someone in front of me at the express lane is checking out with a full shopping cart of way more than the posted X amount of items. If a store manager comes over (happened more than once) I start on them about their rules are posted and they should enforce them or take down the signs.

I have been asked to leave twice. Still it feels good to vent.

I used to check out groceries in college 25 years ago. You would have loved me. Every time I kicked somebody out of the express lane for too many items, every other person in the line quietly thanked me afterwards.

If I had to call the front end manager, they always backed me up. They knew that if they caved, every person in line behind them would notice and complain.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can understand that even though it is very easy process to fix. Carry the kid or park close to a collector. If you left and later found out your cart rolled off into another car and scratched it, would you feel responsible?

I have to admit i dont always use the cart corrals but i do shove the cart up over the curb where it wont roll away.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I tend to get very loud and obnoxious when someone in front of me at the express lane is checking out with a full shopping cart of way more than the posted X amount of items. If a store manager comes over (happened more than once) I start on them about their rules are posted and they should enforce them or take down the signs.

I have been asked to leave twice. Still it feels good to vent.

I had that happen to me yesterday at WallyWorld. I had 2 items the lady in front of me had about 25.

However she was about twice my age and I was not in that big a hurry (although I don't like spending any more time in WalMart then necessary) so I just kept quiet.

It did upset me that, as usual, they had 5 of the 40 regular lanes open and all of them were backed up 4 people deep.

MK

Sent from somewhere.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    If your that paranoid there is people who can assist you if you ask for it. They even take the basket after helping you.

Guessing you don't have kids yet or it's been a while since you've had your first one. Sleep depravation and new habits don't mix well and more often than not something has to give till you figure stuff out. The cart was and still is my last concern when shopping with my son in tow. I've got bigger fish to fry than be worried about a shopping cart blocking a parking place. I rarely leave them, but if whatever bars me from keeping my son at my side to return the cart it goes up the curb so it doesn't roll and damage something after I leave.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Went to my neighborhood HEB, grabbed a few things I needed and went to the express check out (10 item limit). When I got there, two teenage wretches decorated with tattoos from stem to stern, each with a cart full of obviously malnourished bawling kids, stood in line before me. All they had for purchase was cupcakes, cookies, and Juicy Juice. Pulled out their Lone Star cards, and went on their way. They did pay cash for their cigarettes.

Gotta love the food stamps we paid for!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Went to my neighborhood HEB, grabbed a few things I needed and went to the express check out (10 item limit). When I got there, two teenage wretches decorated with tattoos from stem to stern, each with a cart full of obviously malnourished bawling kids, stood in line before me. All they had for purchase was cupcakes, cookies, and Juicy Juice. Pulled out their Lone Star cards, and went on their way. They did pay cash for their cigarettes.

Gotta love the food stamps we paid for!
    Breakfast of champions right there.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Guessing you don't have kids yet or it's been a while since you've had your first one. Sleep depravation and new habits don't mix well and more often than not something has to give till you figure stuff out. The cart was and still is my last concern when shopping with my son in tow. I've got bigger fish to fry than be worried about a shopping cart blocking a parking place. I rarely leave them, but if whatever bars me from keeping my son at my side to return the cart it goes up the curb so it doesn't roll and damage something after I leave.

This.

The first time you walk out with your first born you aren't thinking about anything but "I'm never doing this again".

Get to the car. I don't want my cart to roll away with my kid in it, so you strap the kid in the car. Load groceries into car. Not gonna leave my kid to put away a stupid cart, so you bail.

Then again some people are lazy.

Utah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    A friend of mine had one child, and then was blessed with twins. With three children, he and his wife had to start doing lots of things differently. For example, they had the car seats mounted on a wood platform that allowed for a quick reconfiguration of his "UAV" (Urban Assault Vehicle).

My friend offered to give his wife a break one day, and he went to do the shopping with the kids in tow. When he got home, he described how he had managed to handle the shopping cart and the double stroller, and the manner in which in made the transfer of the kids from cart/stroller to car seats. He was frazzled, but proud of having pulled it off.

Then his wife asked, "so, where are the groceries?"

He went back to the store parking lot to retrieve the goods from the still-sitting-there shopping cart.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Still seems simple to ask for assistance if you need it. Then again I was blessed with not having kids and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way. When I see people juggling kids and unloading groceries or the elderly I usually get their cart for them.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    This aint from the grocery store but at a non blacklisted bar near ft carson. We invited a lonely lookin soldier to our table as he had a cane and was fairly young.... We were a table full of soldiers both currently serving and prior service.... My buddy asks the guy how he got the bum leg, to which he tells us. It pretty much goes like this, "i got injured doing some good ol army training. Yeah, its nothing crazy it happened in basic. You know what crossfit is? Yeah it happened while i was doing crossfit." We all looked at it each other like wtf is this dude serious..... I was going to call bs on this dude even being a soldier after that until his other two friends show up. One was a female type, really giddy and full of excitement. I guess she was his gf or wife or something idk, but she gave my buddy her number. They were all 68 series and the girl and his non profiled friend were both deploying......to kuwait..... We briefed them on how theyd have an awesome time compared to ours.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Still seems simple to ask for assistance if you need it. Then again I was blessed with not having kids and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way. When I see people juggling kids and unloading groceries or the elderly I usually get their cart for them.

People without kids always think everything is simple.

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    I guess I'm strange because I love to go to the store and shop for groceries (I also cook 97% of the meals at the house) after eating Navy chow for 20 years I learned to cook my own food and one day hope to have a food truck at least before I get to old. my daughter hates going to the store with me. the one thing that pisses me off is the "ghetto moms" who grab food off the shelves for the little bratty kids and opens it up and then places the empty package on a random shelf. I have called out several of these types and they got all pissy with me. no f%#king respect.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I believe people should be fined for leaving their shopping carts in the parking spaces. There are cart collections all over the parking lots, yet these people are to lazy to walk an extra 50 feet to return their carts. I have come out of stores before to see carts that have rolled into my truck and behind it because of these $#@!ers.
    It was covered, but try going with kids, don't wanna carry em bcause you'd carried em through the store. Dont' wanna leave em in the car. And who helps a 6 foot tall guy with a beard.
    As it pertains to shopping carts, I learned to be a little more forgiving the first time I went to the store with my infant daughter. I put the groceries in the car, then her, then realized how far away the cart collector was. So I left it. It's not always as simple as laziness.
    I do realize I could have gone about my unloading process differently but when you have kids it's not always black and white.

this...

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I forgot to mention my best story. Again in takes place in WallyWorld.

A child was misbehaving while Mommy was shopping. Nothing more than most 5 year old boys do, but he would not listen to her constant yelling to behave.

That is when she grabbed a belt off of the rack in the clothes section, whacked him several times with it, and then put it back.

MK

Sent from somewhere.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    When I see people juggling kids and unloading groceries or the elderly I usually get their cart for them.

Me too. The BTDT is still in my mind when it comes to juggling kids and all the other things during a shopping trip.

Keep up the good work. Politeness is a fading trait in our ever so civilized society.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    WALMART: Kid in front of me was about 15 to 17 years old with mom and older? brother. The 15 to 17 year old kid had on superman underwear OUTSIDE his pants.

To top this off his pluss sized mom was purchasing some plus sized and colorful underwear herself. The kid was waving it around like a flag.

My friend was bright red in the face not able to process the whole situation.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    If your that paranoid there is people who can assist you if you ask for it. They even take the basket after helping you.

I miss Publixes out east. I never accepted the offer but those stores always had someone ask if you wanted help carrying/pushing/loading groceries. If it was raining they'd give you an umbrella to go get your car and drive it to the store front to load groceries. The stores were always spotless, fresh seafood and always seemed to have friendly butchers. Prices were sometimes cheaper than walmart usually they were more expensive by a hair but it was always a good shopping experience.

Top Bottom