• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Hey ya'll, I just got started reloading early this year. Already, I have worked up a wide range of purpose built reloads. Mostly just plinking rounds with C.O.L.s at 1.580" to feed well in my Rossi 45. Even though I'm getting respectable groups at 50 yards(3-4" w/iron sights) I am always interested in cooking up some new stuff to try out. I use unique, universal clays, titegroup, AA#5, HS-6 and Blue dot. My favorite and most accurate load so far is 10.8gr of Blue Dot under a 255gr Hornady 454 sized swaged lead bullet fired off by a CCI primer in Starline brass with a C.O.L of 1.580" . Anyways just wanted to see what works best for everyone else and has anyone had good success with jacketed bullets in their guns. Thanks guys - Texmex

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    This was one of my first posts, over 3 years ago. I wanted to see if anyone out there is reloading for the 45LC and what powder you might be using. I have gone full circle with just about every powder listed here and a few others and unique and bluedot are still my favorites. I bought some trailboss but haven't used any yet. Using 250gr projectiles, my rossi groups well with 8-8.5gr of unique with either plated or hardcast bullets. I tend to load them on the lower spectrum for the hornady swaged lead bullets. Anyhow, 3 years later, I'm hoping there is someone else out there reloading for the Colt 45.

Top Bottom