• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Just a glob?

Dude a small tube runs $15 bucks. I'll sell you a pinch of Copenhagen for a $1. First pinch out the can. Long cut!

But don't be all double fingering the can.

Unless your greazzing the wheels on your private plane,

Just mix a little Mpro7 with some good moly grease. Add a little dry teflon if you want. It'll slide anything gun related.

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Aero Shell 33MS meets mil-spec requirements. About 10oz is just over $20 with shipping. Most people who buy it won't ever need to use the entire thing, so less than 10% of a tube for a couple bucks seems reasonable. I'm not sure what you're comment was implying, unless you're suggesting someone may offer it free...smarty pants. If that's the case I obviously wouldn't oppose. I just wanted to put my offer out there, because it would save me almost $20 and some people won't give anything for free...just ask my girlfriend. j/k

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Aero Shell 33MS meets mil-spec requirements. About 10oz is just over $20 with shipping. Most people who buy it won't ever need to use the entire thing, so less than 10% of a tube for a couple bucks seems reasonable. I'm not sure what you're comment was implying, unless you're suggesting someone may offer it free...smarty pants. If that's the case I obviously wouldn't oppose. I just wanted to put my offer out there, because it would save me almost $20 and some people won't give anything for free...just ask my girlfriend. j/k

All joking aside...

Mil spec requirements really ain't all that. I'm sure it's a good grease. And not to get on the long discussion of which lube is better then the next...which never ends...

What are you using it for? If it's firearm related....the working environment for a firearm in the State of Texas doesn't require some super grease. Not even if your wearing the thing, skiing on lake Travis.

How many people spend $2000 on a rifle, and then drag it through the sand dunes of west TX? Ive never seen anybody even wishing to do it. More like a few hours at a range. Or a few afternoons hunting. At neither of these events does the firearm come in contact with so much dust or dirt that it warrants grease designed for air plane bearings. It pisses me off just to have the stock bump a tree. Thats the extreme of the environment my guns are subject to.

Thats Guns Ive bought....

Now military weapons....Ive dragged a M16 over flint rocks just to see how bad I could gouge the receiver. Washed an M9 in a mud puddle outside the arms room, just to see how long it could take it to rust.(still shot expert with it too) Used the same M16's barrel to pry that tube on the end of the cot to fit. (holding it way at the end of the buttstock, I wasn't gentle either, I wanted to sleep). You'd think it would have broke in half. Right where the barrel go's into the receiver. But, hell no. It didnt even flex. That M16 never had a jam before or after any of that. Rammed a mounted M60 into a tree. Broke the bipod. It still run like a sewing machine. Guns are a hell of alot tougher then people think. And the only lube any of these guns ever got was good old CLP.

I'm just saying that for the actual environment in which people use their guns anywhere in the State of Texas, some mil spec grease is way overkill. Not needed.The weapon isn't going to wear out with other lubes. It's not gonna stay crisp and new no matter what lube it has anyway.

Moly grease from a place like Tractor supply Company would serve you just as well.

TrooperKbC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm really just looking for the Aero Shell. Whether you think it's overkill or not may be true, but that's what I want. There are dozens of types of "moly grease" and I don't have time to go through all the MSDS sheets to see what does or doesn't have graphite, etc. I've spent so much damn money on the rifle at this point that I'm not going to cheap out on the grease. I'd rather not have to order a whole tube, but I will if no one has any to spare.

Top Bottom