• diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    "Use it or lose it!"

As an elder, and one who has operated various small businesses, I am saddened to see & hear so many talk of buying guns or ammo from big box stores, catalog companies, or via internet.

Of course, we all sometimes get an item from Midway, Cheaper than Dirt, etc; but we really need to support our local shops.

I urge everyone to try to buy your guns locally, from YOUR shop. These local shops are so necessary for continuation of our hunting, shooting, & self-protection efforts.

If we, the hunters & shooters, don't use these small businesses, they will close and go away. The repairs, extras, advice, and emergency needs won't have any resource to draw upon.

Please shop your local Gun Shop FIRST !

leVieux
    Politely--I will disagree. But I'll offer this: most of the guns I buy are via the internet. That's for several reasons, but primarily it has to do with availability of what I want. Secondarily, I can almost always save money in this manner. BUT--here's the kicker--almost all of the gunbroker auctions I win, the seller IS a local gunshop . . . but not a gunshop local to me. It might be the gunshop local to you and he ships the weapon to my dealer for me to receive.

So, in a twisted way, I do buy from local gunshops, but not by walking into their brick and mortar stores. Gunshops need to watch their prices and remain internet savvy. If they forego internet transfers, internet sales opportunities, etc., and only plan to survive by local walk-in foot traffic, they will perish in this marketplace.
    Guns International

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    An for another opinion - The request to buy locally is something I prefer to do, but not if buying locally means I'll be paying an exorbitant of money for the exact thing I could buy from say Cabelas for far, far less cost.

I'm not going to hurt my bank account to subsidize local business.

If you can compete great, if not, it's not my fault...whatever you're selling.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Here's an example of an issue I'm having now. I want to hold several revolvers (686/GP100) at a minimum. That's damn hard to find in and of itself.

I can't even seem to find somebody stocking CZs.

If I'm going to buy sight unseen, hard to justify doing so and paying a markup for it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Wasn’t too bad in Oregon but I wish more stores would stock a lot more. The 75 frame is my go to.

Cz is definitely on my to have on hand when I get around to getting an ffl.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Here's an example of an issue I'm having now. I want to hold several revolvers (686/GP100) at a minimum. That's damn hard to find in and of itself.

If I'm going to buy sight unseen, hard to justify doing so and paying a markup for it.

Try South Texas Tripods and Feeders in Spring as some years ago I bought my RAMI from them.
    I would give them a call to see if they still stock CZ's
    281 288 4422
    22445 Spring Stuebner Loop.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Pics of the 1911?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    c21d53405750ef76df9be4e3be10b78d.jpg

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    CZs are fantastic works of engineering and design. The problem with them is that even as well known as they are in other countries, they remain relatively unknown in the U.S. The other problem with them is steel. In the age of tupperware wonders, all steel/metal guns are not big sellers and that makes it hard for a shop to invest so much money into something that has a relatively slow turnover.

My first semi-auto was a CZ83 and if I could field strip a CZ75 with one hand, and reassemble it, I would own about a dozen.

Top Bottom