Lynx Defense

Your Opinions On Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Grips???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    When I had my Sig Sauer P220 I changed the grips out to Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Wrap Arounds. IMO it made the gun feel much better in my hands and lessened the recoil. I know you 1911 guys like the traditional grips, but I went ahead and changed them on my Para 1911 too. What do you guys think?

IMG_1811.gif

IMG_1809.gif
    ARJ Defense ad

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I think it gives the gun a nice feel. IMHO I felt it helped with recoil because the fingers have something to "bite" into. But, I took them off because my gun has checkering in that area. So for me it was a waste to spend the money on buying a gun with checkering there and then to put those grips on. I liked the grips don't get me wrong. I just preferred the gun with out.

Plus it does make your gun nicer looking than the dooky looking factory plastic panels

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Heys its your gun, do what works for you. I like the natural look of a 1911 without finger groove grips, but I have the hogue finger grrove insert under my Kimber grips too because I think it gives me a better feel and control and to be honest they don't look bad with the finger grooves

P1010018.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't use them as they normally made the grip bigger than was comfortable for my hands. But if they work for you, use them.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    How dare you deface that gun!!!

5-0, you know I am not a fan of the way they feel, as they seem to force my fingers into an unnatural position, but I gotta admit that they look pretty good on the P14.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I used them on all my magnums and the slip on version on my S&W 9mm
    Never had a problem with them and yes they do beef up the grips some.

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    I put the regular hogue (no finger spacer things) on my 220 and the finger spaced version on my 226. I prefer the flat front strap Hogue as my hand just doesn't fit those finger cut outs exactly. I still can shoot it well and it doesn't truly bother me, but I prefer the flat ones that I put on the 220.

I think for certain pistols, they are a real upgrade. On a carry piece, I can see it potentially interfering with the draw perhaps, maybe make you print more?. That rubber is rather tacky and when I conceal my 220, I notice my shirt material seems to sort of stick to it a bit.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    The Hogue grips do look good. Years ago I put (and still have on) Pachmeyer combat grips on my 1911. They pretty much look like the Hogue grips without the finger grooves. I've handled a 1911 with the Hogue grips but never fired one. It does feel good and I think it would be great on the range. However, on a combat piece I prefer not to have the finger grooves. I agree with Scott F on his reasons plus I feel like I have more grip options without the grooves.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I had them on my Springfeild V10 Ultra Compact. I think on that weapon the grip made the difference. It did feel really good and made me feel like I had total control over that little 45. I have never put them on anything else though.

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    I have them on my Kel Tec PF-9 and P3AT. Helps when you shoot more than a clip or two through them especially the P3AT. It is only a .380, but felt recoil is worse than the PF-9 9mm. Mine have the finger grooves but then again I have small hands. They fit perfectly. I have a S&W model 60 in .38 special that came with wooden grips and hurt every time anyone shot it. Put on a pair of Uncle Mikes rubber grips and it made a world of a difference. I pocket carry and the texture of the Hogue grips make it difficult to draw quickly. With practice it makes it easier.

Gutshot

Top Bottom