your "padre".. humble, and hat in hand .. yep miss ya all.. "stuff"..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    So i got all bent out of plumb, the depends were in a square knot with half hitches.. thought someone was being beat up on.. got all holy'er than thou".. "das" called it straight. "am i the only one who thinks someone from out of state is acting holy'er than thou".. the good news was nobody else said "yep me too".. the bad news was .. he was right.. except for the state thing.. born in Longview.. i'm texas.. aztexas.. ok here's a new one.. AZ TX American .. i AM quota on that one.. ,

Flat out miss ya all.. when Bob died i read all the comments.. crying like a baby.. your good people, and guess i want to be part of the group.. but (does mine look fat) .. ok serious.. But.. have i burnt to many bridges here.. a number of ya pm'd me to come back... My old pards going to be there one way or the other.. he's recording my actions for a book, movie, or retard standard..

So let me have it.. miss me.. or nope.. points for honesty (for real).. i hung it out there when i thought someone was being bullied.. i over stepped big time... could have sorta showed up, but i want this out there.. you guys "ALL" ok with this, or maybe i should learn a life lesson and go sit down in the library and learn about .. "stuff"..

Up to you guys... by the way.. besides the emotion of Bob, i'm getting a new scoot tomorrow.. bout 10:00 mt this is coming to nest.. shes a box stock 883, except for the bars, fwd controls and pipes.. i've had 3 other Sportsters.. 2 super glides and an FL.. but my back wont allow me to ride.. some family issues with this, but i think i can still handle a Sportster.. close to 400 lbs less than a big FLHT..

i'll even .. don't know.. kp maybe.. yard patrol.. just want some honest input guys..
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• IMG_3132 (1).jpg
      IMG_3132 (1).jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 122
    Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I guess I missed the whole situation. I don't know anything about it. I do enjoy reading your posts though and am glad to see you back.

As far as I am concerned with any members if this is where you want to be then welcome. The choice is yours and the mods will let you know if you have overstayed your welcome.

I consider this forum like a family and a family is like butt cheeks. Some crap will come between them but they will come back together in the end.

As far as the motorcycle, that is all you. I don't know the first thing about them.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I missed the set-to too but y'know what? We all get bent out of shape now and then over posts or responses to posts we've made. We say our piece, they say theirs, it goes back and forth and few times then it's forgotten. I've gotten into it with a few TGT members but so what, we've all got strong opinions, we don't all agree but it's all forgotten the next day or at least it should be. I've got a higher opinion of a man who has the courage of his own convictions and isn't afraid to announce them to the world no matter how wrong-headed they are than the milk-toast who won't dare speak his mind.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    How are we to keep our blood pressure up and by default help our brothers in arms to do the same thing if we can't piss a few people off on the internet now and then???

Glad you back.

(Private lessons given by appointment only.)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey Padre,

Good going on the scooter!

Sometimes, I just need some fresh air and wander away for a while. That's OK and when you get back, the light is left on for you. That's the nature of people/relationships and of the Internet.

Flash

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    thanks guys..

Course nothing you guys say will match Dawico's pure poetic prose "family is like butt cheeks. Some crap will come between them but they will come back together in the end." .. "Butt poetry for 500 please Alex"

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Yes Padre, come on back, you are missed. I really appreciate you keeping us updated on Bob and being there behind the scenes for him and his wife. You are a good person.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Padre, I figured out for as long as you have been here that 99.5% of the people are full of shit. Myself included. I don't let anything said here get to me. Try it you will see. I hope the 883 works out for you. I would not no what to do if I didn't have a harley around. Good luck man.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    Glad you decided to come back! Thanks for sticking up for me and my Max. I felt bad when you left, but now it's good that you decided to return to "the fold"
    1208839_669671836378598_1748795570_n.jpg

My Mom is here visiting and got Max a new harness...it's Camo!

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Padre, I figured out for as long as you have been here that 99.5% of the people are full of shit. Myself included. I don't let anything said here get to me. Try it you will see. I hope the 883 works out for you. I would not no what to do if I didn't have a harley around. Good luck man.

Suger Land.. know you get this.. for you non Harley folks.. it's just plain boring so forgive a couple geezers doing gear head talk.. this is like being at the range on Democrat night. (it could happen) and you spot the one old boy or gal who has a .."i voted for Ted, goofy as the day is long, but he's a republican" hat on.. Ok .. back to bike talk.. i took that lousy looking windsceen off.. and the pull back bars work for my disability (talking the phys one here).. Got mixed about the big tank, and might go peanut..as the tank is the ONLY thing that's not perfect.. i'll post pic's later.. i had planed to go OD with a white star.. military deal.. the owners were RUB's and in this case worked out, as all work done by the factory.. and the mileage is all hyway.. sugar, and any other HD on the skin type.. this was a God send, and kept me from buying one i couldn't handle any more.. you might check cycle trader az.. they had a striped, black 83 shovel.. that was perfect.. pipes cut before the rear wheel.. started as a FLT.. and honest perfect piece of history for 3800 bucks.. no surprises.. you know that engine was all evo except for the heads.. man it's good to be back.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    mods.. can i get a thread close here.. i'm a happy man.. lets close before the reality wakes someone up, and they call me out for being an attention prostitute..

See what i did there.. trying to be all Christian and stuff.. honestly happy to be back.. thanks guys.. see you all around the campus..

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Thank you Jared.. sincerely ..

Ok, with that (important one to me) maybe a mod should end group hug time before the liberals start talking about us..,

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Good to see ya back. Don't take any crap from these bullies on here. I would guess a few of them piss if confronted. Keep it up and ride safe.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    My wife always says "it's the Internet" .. as if it doesn't exist, or those on it don't exist..

A given that once behind the anonymity of a couple servers, a nickname, and the knowledge that the worst that can happen is having the plug pulled.. an average individual is given to excess in .. pick your poison.. worse case scenario is a new nickname.

That's what i like about gun sites.. by nature conservative..by nature respectful .. who was it Col Jeff Cooper that first said an "an armed society is a polite society"

What ever excess happened in my case started with me.. so will move briskly along, and talk about the good stuff.. Texas Gun Talk

I missed this site because of what it is.. funny as three stooges meet Lewis Black, when you just had an adult drink.. I read the PW thread and laugh my rear off cause you guys are REAL funny.. and when your response to Bob's demise ran 12 pages.. that was pure.. Goodness.. A tribute to Bob .. Who honestly was a special Man.. but also a tribute to everyone of you guys.. You gave them (sure she read them to Bob) what little happiness they had.. any "over played" in this comment is based on those 12 pages..

I've been on a lot of sites using the same name (greg az in one) Christian.. Guns.. Motor Cycles.. and one we all know thats run by as decent group of people that exist..

But there's only one TGT and it's not "what it is".. ."it's what you are".. Not sucking up here... stating a fact that nobody says (uhh maybe cause their to cool to greg) gone though a lot of nights where just reading back.. pick a thread.. and get lost two hours later in the archives.. it's the very best on the Internet.. and (gospel here) look yourself in the mirror, cause it's all you..

No more .. Mike or one of you monitors, put down the book and close out the thread ..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom