• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I live in a rural part of Texas.

I don't worry about home invasion, though to be sure I've no guarantee it couldn't happen, but the probability is relatively low in comparison to living with a big city limit.

How about you?

Rural or City?

Feel secure about where you live?

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    City. Decent neighborhood, but of course things still happen here.

I feel safe, but probably not a good thing. Would probably be better if I didn't feel safe, as to be more suspicious.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Rural, and yes, feel very safe. A true story.

I live towards the end of our county road, in fact, I'm the very last house on our end of the road. This county road is about five miles long. My nearest neighbor is about half a mile away from us. There are not very many people living on this road.

About ten years ago, an elderly lady was attacked, robbed, and killed towards the other end of the road, by three young men. They caught them, prosecuted them, and sent them to prison.

Now, I know it's very unlikely for that to happen again. Crime in this part of the county is almost none. But, I fully realize that it COULD happen again.

I am ALWAYS armed ever since that incident occurred. Something is either on me, or within reaching distance.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I live inside the loop610 in Houston. I feel save in the fact we are well armed. Another thing that gives the feeling of being secure the neighborhood is mixed with original (old dumpy houses like mine) & McMansions. They are generally 3-4 X of the original homes & new vehicles in the drive. My truck is 20+ years old & aint been washed in10 years. My house looks worse then the truck. Statistically they rob the nice houses.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    On the edge of Silsbee in a very small senior living apartment complex, so, small town/rural. We've only been here a couple of weeks and the people that we've met are very nice and "normal". That said, I still carry every step, every day. Yes, I feel safe here.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    This morning in Fredricksburg a home invasion by a 19 year old who attacked a 73 YO man. The home invader beat and choked the older man and when the fiance of the 73 YO asked the invader to stop and he didnt, she shot him in the head. 19 YO invader will not be continuing with his criminal career. Police say it was drug related.

It can and does happen anywhere. Armed and willing to use force is effective.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I live in a rural part of Texas.

I don't worry about home invasion, though to be sure I've no guarantee it couldn't happen, but the probability is relatively low in comparison to living with a big city limit.

How about you?

Rural or City?

Feel secure about where you live?
    I live in Pearland, take your pick. Jammed against harris county on one end and Brazoria on the other.

Top Bottom