• ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Different times; better times in some ways.
    In the ways described by your example, not better times b/c today, the degenerate selling poison gets to sue your grandpa for hurting him. Stupid games/stupid prizes. I’m not suggesting Wild West laws but ’crime & punishment’ seem to not sync nowadays.
    Target Sports

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Case in point, one caller was an elementary school teacher, and he was crying and blubbering on the phone to the point some of his speech was unintelligible. He was going on about how he doesn't know how he's going to get through the day, what he can say to his 11 and 12 year old students, how today was supposed to be a fun day, how he loves the kids and so on. Uh, you're an adult - act like one. Be a role model for your kids, not a mushy mess. Children will emulate, so if you're a mess you're teaching them to be a mess. As an adult, and as a teacher, I would expect him to be in class composed and a fixture of stability. The kids need that.
    This is what’s wrong with society. Does he need a tissue? Men cry alone, over a glass of whiskey and it’s not a full meltdown.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Everyone is kind of right. But it is more of a change in times.

In the 50’s or 60’s my uncle was caught with drugs by my grandpa. He asked where he got it, tracked the dealer down, pistol whipped the shit out of him, called a deputy to pick him up, deputy shows up and takes the pos away.

Different times; better times in some ways.
    Sadly, in current times, the drug dealer would have prevailed and possibly your grandpa going to jail for assault.

But personally, I'd be rooting for your grandpa! It may not have been the legal thing to do, but it was the right thing.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    In the ways described by your example, not better times b/c today, the degenerate selling poison gets to sue your grandpa for hurting him. Stupid games/stupid prizes. I’m not suggesting Wild West laws but ’crime & punishment’ seem to not sync nowadays.
    Oh no I was saying better times back then. More nature less people not as populated. You could expect retards in cities but small towns were safer. Men just told you to stfu. Criminals got what was coming.

I hate today’s society.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The counter argument to modern all patrol LEOs with modern carbines is that is one step closer to a militarized police force. Slippery slope.
    How could we force our front-line defenders to go against better-armed criminals ? A carbine would allow precision shots over greater distances.
    Do we want REAL protection for us and for our Officers, or just a “show”?

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Oh no I was saying better times back then. More nature less people not as populated. You could expect retards in cities but small towns were safer. Men just told you to stfu. Criminals got what was coming.

I hate today’s society.
    Ah; I misunderstood - apologies. I’m right there with ya, today’s society is beyond measure… I’ll quote you from the suppressor bill thread and second your motion:

I am ok with an asteroid strike

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bac
    I kept a shotgun in my dorm room through college, hunted squirrels before class (when I went to class), and the ladies in the cafeteria fried them for me. Nobody thought anything of it...

But that was then...

Alan
    Back at “Ye Ole War Skule” in Baton Rouge, we kept shotguns in our lockers and often had pistols, too. ZERO problems !

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    How could we force our front-line defenders to go against better-armed criminals ? A carbine would allow precision shots over greater distances.
    Do we want REAL protection for us and for our Officers, or just a “show”?
    I agree. Just because a community, in these difficult times screaming out for people to better protect themselves, want to use more significant firepower is not a step closer to militarized police power. That would suggest a fear of weapons. How staff conduct themselves would dictate that.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I don’t think there is a tenable solution that anybody has the stomach for.
    I agree.

Really, there is nothing we can do to 100% protect our children after we drop them off at school.

Ultimately the school is responsible for keeping them safe, but the hard truth is all schools are VERY soft targets for armed lunatics and teachers owe nothing to our children if put in the line of fire. Let's not forget that kids don't have the ability to protect themselves... they are kids! I don't speak for all of them, but I am sure most do not understand or have been exposed to evil yet.

My oldest boy is 7 and he still relies on me 100% for everything- that includes protection from outside threats.

Locking doors, armed security guards, metal detectors, etc. is just a facade. A truly motivated sicko can defeat any of these obstacles.

Everyone keeps asking "what's changed", "this never used to happen in the 60's", and "why is this happening".... To put it frankly, we simply live in an EVIL world now where tolerance and love for one another no longer exist as it did... The fear of burning in hell for these crimes against others has unfortunately been diminished.

Simply getting rid of all guns, adding red flag laws, and arming teachers is NOT the answer.
    These shootings are not going to stop, we have to endure and educate our children about the evils of deranged men.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Ultimately the school is responsible for keeping them safe, but the hard truth is all schools are VERY soft targets for armed lunatics and teachers owe nothing to our children if put in the line of fire. Let's not forget that kids don't have the ability to protect themselves... they are kids! I don't speak for all of them, but I am sure most do not understand or have been exposed to evil yet.
    Those are scum human beings. Kids come first. I’m 40 years old and had plenty of opportunities to do something with my life. Sacrificing it for a child would be logical and ethical. Adults should try to be the ones to die first. It’s not bravado it’s the right thing.
    Locking doors, armed security guards, metal detectors, etc. is just a facade. A truly motivated sicko can defeat any of these obstacles.
    Not true. Not trying will result in nothing being done. Trying is better than doing nothing.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ARM,Jr.

I haven't read the entire thread, but 'waaaaaaay back', Tipper Gore (the algore's wife) made the same suggestion as you: TV violence/rock n roll, etc being the cause of our very disturbed youth...sorry, but that's not the motivation for monstrous acts...

Over the decades, most of us have watched lots and lots of TV violence, like R&R, and haven't gone off our nut...

My thoughts: Suicidal 15 minutes of fame is what these fiends crave...and there's no solution.

msm loves - 'if it bleeds - it leads' and they'll never stop giving heaping helpings of attention to these monsters...so, it'll continue forever...there's only a temporary solution...put the current and the upcoming monsters down with lead medication...

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    The serious attempt should be:
    -armed guards
    -security exit only doors
    -entry thru checkpoints with armed guards and a airlock vestibule where ID is shown, packages purses and jackets left in lockers
    -metal detectors exiting vestibule.

Not going to stop someone willing to die

No life sentences for shooters, public executions within 30 days!

Top Bottom