• ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Evil exists and no law will stop it.

Restricting the rights of good people isn’t the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

284006950_10160623942669416_7670954888631033490_n.jpg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Just telling you from experience, the more you harden a target, the more difficult it becomes to prosecute a threat inside the wire.

Considering police show cowardice at a lot of these shootings it may be better to have a hardened target than a softened one. Seems like they won't try to enter anyway. These aren't hostage situations and never have been. They're psychopath mass murderer situations.

There are now confirmed reports police were detaining and cuffing parents and other onlookers outside while the situation was going on because those folks were begging and yelling at the police to go in.

fun fact, cops aren't constitutionally required to protect you or save you. They're like any other group of people in the modern era. 10 to 20% decent people 80 to 90% people just there for a paycheck who do NOT give a **** about the public or anyone besides themselves.

Harden the targets Todd. Make it less appealing to try and get in and less likely perpetrators will get in alive.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Being a teacher, albeit college, I have a good perspective of many of my faculty colleagues. While I'm sure there are other teachers that are armed, especially in the Justice Dept., besides myself, I also know there are many I wouldn't want to see armed. It boggles my mind that it's okay for college students and teachers to be armed, but not the lower level (K thru 12) teachers and those old enough not to be able to carry. I don't know who all carries, since it's concealed and I can't ask. Those in my department know, but then we are always around each other.

I, at times, have to visit grade and high schools. It's a pain having to remind myself to disarm before entering the schools. For some reason, I'm dangerous to be around younger students, as opposed to older students, armed. That's ridiculous!

I do hope this helps in changing those laws, for those comfortable with carrying in schools, not all.

I also work in education, and I understand your concern about some educators. But, unless there is a due process to specifically prohibit a school employee with a LTC from carrying on campus, that decision should be left to the individual. And the school district and local PD should partner to offer advanced training for those who choose to carry in subjects like weapon retention, de-escalation, and threat assessment. The time for prohibition is over. It's time that legislators and school boards justify why they don't want the people who are entrusted with student safety to have effective tools to do their job....

.....and maybe spend the money squandered on STAAR tests, sports stadiums, and lavish administrator salaries on things that actually matter.

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    And unfortunately, as always there will be a copy-cat situation soon.

Seems to me this was a copycat of Lanza the Sandy Hook killer
    He killed his mother before going to the elementary school.

This one attempted to kill his grandmother before going to the elementary school.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I also work in education, and I understand your concern about some educators. But, unless there is a due process to specifically prohibit a school employee with a LTC from carrying on campus, that decision should be left to the individual. And the school district and local PD should partner to offer advanced training for those who choose to carry in subjects like weapon retention, de-escalation, and threat assessment. The time for prohibition is over. It's time that legislators and school boards justify why they don't want the people who are entrusted with student safety to have effective tools to do their job....

.....and maybe spend the money squandered on STAAR tests, sports stadiums, and lavish administrator salaries on things that actually matter.
    Agreed! I'm saying it shouldn't mean all should carry, IMO some would be hazardous to themselves and others. Any teacher or adult employee that wants to be armed should be in the grade schools as they are in colleges.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Things I would do
    1. Make it illegal to identify the perpetrators names, faces, or identity
    2. Make it illegal to discuss in media
    3. If found alive, closed trial, never show their face. Hang them with a bag over their head. Burry them in an unmarked grave.

No notoriety, no fame. Just a quick meeting with their creator.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Things I would do
    3. If found alive, closed trial, never show their face. Hang them with a bag over their head. Burry them in an unmarked grave.

Media should report that the perpetrator was caught, tried, executed, their name never revealed to the public.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Things I would do

I agree with the sentiment, because many of these killers are looking for their 15 minutes of fame, or infamy.

But #1 and #2 are problematic, because of the 1st Amendment and freedom of the press, so those would never happen in a free society.

#3, most assuredly.

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    I am against arming the teachers. Here is why: If we were a nation with limited resources and manpower, that would be the last option. However we are not. Teachers teach. They are already in a stressful position dealing with mental brats everyday, one more stress on them is not needed. But, if they choose to arm up; there shouldnt be a law against that either.

The way our society degenerated, it is past talking time and discussions. Schools need to be secured as heavily as airports. Metal detectors, one entrance, lock zones; armed officers or private companies in the front and outside. Cameras everywhere linked to central security system. We have the tech to make it look as civil and least irritating as possible without making kids uncomfortable.

It is sad, it sounds weird; but this would be a start. Then we can think of other strategies. Bringing God to our lives, reinstating family values, etc are generational changes but what i propose can be done during summer right before next semester starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Christopher Bondy - "Regular Guy Training" on YouTube - offers FREE training for life for any teacher or SRO with credentials to prove they can carry in schools. Legit training, not just NRA fudd level "here's where you grip, this is your sights, this is a trigger, these are the rules of gun safety" type training. Districts could allow teachers to carry and pay him - and others just like him - a fraction of their budgets to come once a year and do a one or two day class on basic marksmanship fundamentals, some basic tactics specific to a school setting and kids would be safer for it. Throw in a day of medical training for treating GSW's and other traumas from another trainer for good measure. Put a pack of tornequets in every class room's first aid kit.

Its disgusting to think of the tens of millions school districts pay for a God damned sportsball stadium or cattle barns, while ignoring other much more important infrastructure. They treat football and FFA like religions.

Maybe instead of building more football stadiums and horse barns, they should look at security upgrades and hiring a few more security personnel to staff the schools. Not even 1% of the foosball players in high school are ever going to make a career of it. The football stadiums at some of the high schools around here are stupidly lavish. What ever happened to just some damn bleachers and turf, some lights and a scoreboard? And the ag barns at some of these schools is equally lavish.

Poor priorities.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Christopher Bondy - "Regular Guy Training" on YouTube - offers FREE training for life for any teacher or SRO with credentials to prove they can carry in schools. Legit training, not just NRA fudd level "here's where you grip, this is your sights, this is a trigger, these are the rules of gun safety" type training. Districts could allow teachers to carry and pay him - and others just like him - a fraction of their budgets to come once a year and do a one or two day class on basic marksmanship fundamentals, some basic tactics specific to a school setting and kids would be safer for it. Throw in a day of medical training for treating GSW's and other traumas from another trainer for good measure. Put a pack of tornequets in every class room's first aid kit.

Its disgusting to think of the tens of millions school districts pay for a God damned sportsball stadium or cattle barns, while ignoring other much more important infrastructure. They treat football and FFA like religions.

Maybe instead of building more football stadiums and horse barns, they should look at security upgrades and hiring a few more security personnel to staff the schools. Not even 1% of the foosball players in high school are ever going to make a career of it. The football stadiums at some of the high schools around here are stupidly lavish. What ever happened to just some damn bleachers and turf, some lights and a scoreboard? And the ag barns at some of these schools is equally lavish.

Poor priorities.
    Credentials? I carry already in class, now you want me to have special credentials as well? I have an LTC, and I believe I have to have that still on campuses (I could never get a clear answer, I guess I should ask the campus police, but it's moot since I have it with me anyway and I intend to remain licensed). I just balk at more regulations of firearms, but I'll certainly accept the free training for life. :)

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Credentials? I carry already in class, now you want me to have special credentials as well? I have an LTC, and I believe I have to have that still on campuses (I could never get a clear answer, I guess I should ask the campus police, but it's moot since I have it with me anyway and I intend to remain licensed). I just balk at more regulations of firearms, but I'll certainly accept the free training for life. :)

I don't think you understood what I wrote. Christopher Bondy is offering to train any teacher or SRO who can produce credentials / authorization to carry at school for free.

I never said anything about making teachers have credentials.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't think you understood what I wrote. Christopher Bondy is offering to train any teacher or SRO who can produce credentials / authorization to carry at school for free.

I never said anything about making teachers have credentials.
    I'm sure that isn't colleges he's talking about, so that probably excludes me anyway. I'm more of making it legal for all legal to carry, like college campuses, but that probably won't happen. I don't know how many students carry at my college, but if they are of age, they are allowed. Certainly I'm not opposed to free training, but is training required for all that carry now, or just teachers?
    I am against arming the teachers. Here is why: If we were a nation with limited resources and manpower, that would be the last option. However we are not. Teachers teach. They are already in a stressful position dealing with mental brats everyday, one more stress on them is not needed. But, if they choose to arm up; there shouldnt be a law against that either.

The way our society degenerated, it is past talking time and discussions. Schools need to be secured as heavily as airports. Metal detectors, one entrance, lock zones; armed officers or private companies in the front and outside. Cameras everywhere linked to central security system. We have the tech to make it look as civil and least irritating as possible without making kids uncomfortable.

It is sad, it sounds weird; but this would be a start. Then we can think of other strategies. Bringing God to our lives, reinstating family values, etc are generational changes but what i propose can be done during summer right before next semester starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As to you. Teachers teach? We're too retarded to take on self defense? Stress? Yes, and some is from high schoolers in college. Never once did some brat high schooler in my class make me think "I should pull my gun to teach him a lesson". It never entered my mind until now. While I will agree that I don't have all the answers, I don't think making schools into a fortress is the answer. Once you start making it 'safer for society' when does it stop? Maybe track everyone, everywhere so we can stop it before it starts? Freedom never meant 'free from harm'.

Top Bottom