• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shinerjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Central Texas
    Overnight?

Do y'all leave your gun in the truck overnight? Or do you take it out when you get home each evening?

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    In a perfect world, it comes in out of the truck.
    But...It doesn't always.

On the road, I make sure it is in the truck with me during the day, and with me at night.

shinerjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Central Texas
    My truck gun is a Rossi 357 SS w/2" barrel. I have been bringing it in at night. I don't have a garage - just a carport attached to the house. And I keep the truck locked always, but just knowing that someone could steal my gun..... I just wondered if I was being too paranoid.

Roadkill Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to keep a Makarov in my car, but then thought better of it. I drive a ragtop and it has been slit once, but nothing was taken. The alarm went off as he opened the door, and that scared him off. However, I would hate to have a gun stolen out of my vehicle because I would not want to be responsible for putting a free gun in the hands of some low life.

buyit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    McKinney
    I saw this thread and couldn't help but to throw in my 2 cents. I think a good truck gun should be reliable and accurate, but something that you're not going to want to baby. I think a used sig p6 is extremely fitting of this bill. You can pick up a good quality one for 350 bucks or less OTD. Sometimes the finish isn't perfect, but these were barely shot and have great accuracy and a good trigger. There's nothing wrong with a used gun.

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I know this isn't what you exactly asked, but why don't you get a safe put into the truck. I know of at least one locking and bolted safe that goes into the center console of the Tacoma trucks that works very well. So with that said, I would echo the comments on getting a good and reliable pistol and storing it in a secured safe within the truck.

a44mag4dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Second a P6

I am going to have to second buyit on the SIG P6. When I got my P6 it fit real well into my hands and shoots like a dream.. I only have around 300 rounds thru it but it operated flawless. It would fit the bill for a "truck gun" perfect in my mind. Inexpensive, well built, and I dont have to worry about putting the first scratch on it....

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I leave an AR or M1a in the trunk depending on what type of shooting I'm working on at the range for the month. If I had to choose between the two the AR would be the one to stay in the car due to cost.

For a pistol I usually wear one but this week I've been working in a secure area so not allowed to carry so a 45 in a Wilderness Tactical handbag has filled the bill.

sykostanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    san marcos
    i agree about the used Glock or XD. fine weapons in my opinion. i have the G19 thats my everyday everywhere (almost) companion. over 4000 rounds, no worries yet. but theres something to be said for the rock island armory .45's for 380 bucks its a sweet reliable pistol.

1911Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I'm confused. If you can afford to drive a truck and pay $400 a month in gas.......which is being stolen from you by OPEC; why worry about a quality gun that could be stolen and cost only 2 months worth of gas....? It's your life and maybe or maybe not its worth the price? Colt or S&W 1911?

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Personaly I agree with people on keeping a firearm that is realiable and something you know how to use really well. Although I disagree with carring a high powered rifle unless you live on a ranch looking for Cyotes. It's bad enough you have to worry about over penitration with a 9mm or .357 Magnum but why throw a .233 or 7.62.39 in the mix? Heck, a 7.62x39 has been known to penitrait level II body armor...we're talking about typical FMJ and not AP ammo. This isn't about some anti assault rifle issue it's about using the right tool for the job. Just how do you deploy an assault rifle in something like a car jacking? Also, I just don't want to have to try and explain something like an Assault rifle loaded with AP ammo to a jury.

Anyhow, I use my trusty ole Taurus 38 spl. It's easy to conceal inside my truck and still be able to deploy it. I never leave a Firearm overnight in a vehicle. I just throw my 38 spl in my pocket and away I go. It an effective caliber and it doesn't alarm the sheeple as would me hauling in one of my AR or AKs. This really works well since I do a lot of traveling and stay a lot in hotels.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I usually throw my P11 or a sig 225 in the console. But i take them out when I get home etc. If I dont throw them in the vehicle, I always have my P3AT in my front right pocket.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    If I were a trucker and could carry legally (which some truckers can't), I would probably go for the "JUDGE" by Taurus!

If I were a trucker and company policy said I couldn't carry, I would just say "sure boss" and then I would carry anyway. If you ever had to use it, it would be easier to get a new job than a new life. Screw em if they can't take a joke!

AzProtector

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Midland, TX
    I have my XD-45 as my CCW...so it's with me 24/7/365.
    I also have an AK 47 with an underfolder and 9 mags in my get home bag...that I bring in out of my trunk every night.

Top Bottom