• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pawnshop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    RIght on. I had been rudely told on another forum that the 3" chambered Judge was unavailiable. Now that i know it exists i want one even more.

why do you recomend the .410 slug as opposed to the .45LC? and what kind of shotshells would you recomend?

NO, the other way around, .45 Colt would be my choice in a single projectile. Medium sized buckshot otherwise, though this is all academic for me, I cary a GLOCK 17 with Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+.
    Military Camp

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I carry a Taurus .45 ACP in the console of my Tahoe, but usually have a folding stock mini 14 or AMD 65 or something similar in the back with an extra mag or two in case of big trouble.

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    Newby question - I know this thread's in the "Handgun" section, but there've been a lot of mentions of shotguns so here's my question...

Is it legal or advisable to mount a shotgun in the vertical position with the butt centered on the transmission hump, braced with a clip mounted on the dash? Seems to me that as long as you don't normally carry three people in the cab and/or don't have a floor shift, this would be workable and provide less obstruction to your vision.

Thoughts?

Pawnshop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Newby question - I know this thread's in the "Handgun" section, but there've been a lot of mentions of shotguns so here's my question...

Is it legal or advisable to mount a shotgun in the vertical position with the butt centered on the transmission hump, braced with a clip mounted on the dash? Seems to me that as long as you don't normally carry three people in the cab and/or don't have a floor shift, this would be workable and provide less obstruction to your vision.

Thoughts?

It is 100% legal but may not be 100% advisable for security reasons, goblins typicaly don't want to steal what they don't see, "out of sight, out of mind". If you don't ever leave your truck unattended I think it would be fine, easier to access and much safer in a wreck than a horizontal window mount.

iviepat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Bridgeport, Tx
    taurus judge

NO, the other way around, .45 Colt would be my choice in a single projectile. Medium sized buckshot otherwise, though this is all academic for me, I cary a GLOCK 17 with Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+.
    why would anyone choose a .410 slug instead of the 45lc? besides, the .410 is true 41caliber and as such would not be much use in a 45 barrel. am I right in my thinking?

diverge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Buy the cheapest gun you can find to defend your life and the lives of your loved ones.

Save the other expensive guns for killing paper.

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    A done deal...

Thanks a bunch for all the replies, folks. I ended up buying a gun that has turned out to be not "cheap", but one that is "very inexpensive", "affordable", and "more cost effective." I'm speaking of the Hi-Point C-9. This little 9mm has turned out to be one of my favorite range guns. I've now put right at 1,500 rounds through it, ande I'm loving it! ;)

I'm aware that many enthusiasts cast a jaundiced eye at the Hi-Point brand and are quick to bad-mouth them. But having experienced a wonderful, very positive experience with my C9, I'm thinking now of getting a Hi-Point .45 as well. In any case, my hopes for a reliable "truck gun" have indeed been met. It rides with me most of the time when my Ruger P345 is not on my person. YMMV.

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    HI POINTS SUCK, at being expensive. I love my C9 and i have been seriously eyeballing an HP .45 for the future. These are great shooting, reliable, inexpensive firearms that always go boom when you pull the trigger.

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    Please do not leave any weapons in your vehicles at night. I have had one stolen and so has my dad. Mine was locked inside the glove box and the doors were also locked. I guess were just looking for anything. I am glad they didn't decide to do a home invasion on my house after they had my weapon. It doesn't matter if you have insurance or not if they come in and shot you.

That is just my 2 cetavos worth.

Eastex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    Rusk County
    I keep a stainless Rossi 357 3" barrel in the truck. It sits well between the seat cushions, and just throw a hat over the butt when out of the truck.

Top Bottom