• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Low Speed,

I was recently asked on a VIA bus (by a VIA policewoman) if I was carrying a handgun.
    I responded, "Yes, Ma'am Aren't you??"
    (The VIA officer said ZILCH in return.)

yours, tex
    Guns International

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    Don't forget that the original open carry law had a provision that prohibited LEOs from questioning an open carrier just on the basis that they were OC. It was removed because the LEO community objected, and passed without it.

If I’m not mistaken the Supreme Court has confirmed this. It was confirmed when Texas legalized OC a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    When I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be an Andrew Dice Clay thread.

Hickory Dickery Doc
    The Glocks at Five O'clock
    It Prints and It Shows
    But You Think No one Knows
    So you're left holding only Your clock.

Hay

Ho

Rimshot.

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    At a cafeteria type restaurant. There are 5 or 6 people ahead of you and a bunch in line behind. The person in line behind you is a uniformed police officer. You are carrying your pistol on a belt holster at 5 o'clock and it's covered by an extra long shirt worn untucked. You notice the officer is looking sternly at you and asks "Are carrying a gun?". What is the proper response to his question?

Proper response is to reply with a smile, "Yes sir. Do you need to see my license?" I usually then add "I'm Dr ____. (Extending my hand to shake his.) Thank you for your service. Will you do me the honor of allowing me to buy your dinner? And your family's as well." Usually by the end of the conversation I have added another family of patients to my medical practice.

Actually if it happens in my hometown there is a very good chance he is already my patient and he is just giving me shit to joke around.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So their definition of premises is different from 30.06/30.07?
    Yes, that is correct. 30.06/07 premise more or less is a building while TABC premise is the entire property

From TABC Police Officers Guide:

"Premises are the grounds and all buildings, vehicles, and appurtenances pertaining to the grounds, including any adjacent premises if they are directly or indirectly under the control of the same person."

It's straight from TABC CODE.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, that is correct. 30.06/07 premise more or less is a building while TABC premise is the entire property

From TABC Police Officers Guide:

"Premises are the grounds and all buildings, vehicles, and appurtenances pertaining to the grounds, including any adjacent premises if they are directly or indirectly under the control of the same person."

It's straight from TABC CODE.

Too bad it's irrelevant to where I can legally carry.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Does it matter what TABC considered a premise as far as carry is concerned?

I don't believe TABC regulates the carry of firearms. Not even sure the 51% sign is a TABC thing.
    51% is a TABC thing and is a felony i.e. not to be F'd with.

I am as pro-carry as they get, but some of you really need to do some homework before you get your butt in a bind. For example, the whole "stand your ground" thing is ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO BE THERE. If you are bee-bopping along in maybe a bars outdoor seating area, thereby violating 51% premise, you have lost your legal right to be there. Even if you don't ultimately face charges, the civil lawyers will be licking their chops.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    51% is a TABC thing and is a felony i.e. not to be F'd with.

I am as pro-carry as they get, but some of you really need to do some homework before you get your butt in a bind. For example, the whole "stand your ground" thing is ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO BE THERE. If you are bee-bopping along in maybe a bars outdoor seating area, thereby violating 51% premise, you have lost your legal right to be there. Even if you don't ultimately face charges, the civil lawyers will be licking their chops.

Irrelevant to the parking lot.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Cycleguy300 doesn't know the law either! Read the law, sir! You must be a TABC agent! I've never met such arrogant, ignorant "law enforcement' agents in my life! The law reads: The premises are a building or portions of a building. This does not include sidewalks, alleys, or PARKING LOTS! Emphasis mine. I was no-billed by a Travis County grand jury! But you must know more than they do. A good day to you, Sir.

TABC, as I quoted before, has a more expansive definition of PREMISE than 30.06/07 and includes grounds.

DUTY OF POLICE OFFICERS
    All peace officers in the state, including those of cities, counties, and state, SHALL enforce the provisions of this Code and cooperate with and assist the Commission in detecting violations and apprehending offenders. [Section 101.07 AB Code]

I don't know the circumstances of your case, but a no-bill does not mean the arrest was bad.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Irrelevant to the parking lot.

Straight from TABC CODE:
    "Premises are the GROUNDS and all buildings, vehicles, and appurtenances pertaining to the GROUNDS, including any adjacent premises if they are directly or indirectly under the control of the same person."

Grounds = anything within the property. Generally parking lots are on the same property as the TABC premise.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

And all this time I thought that Yogi Berra had passed on?? - Instead, he seems to have arrived on TGT.

yours, tex

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I remember being at the old Lake Austin inn when I was a 16 year old. We were out riding in a buddy's pickup and we drove through the parking lot. They had a big patio and it was packed. Folks eating & drinking. All of a sudden you could've heard a pin drop! The ABC agents were there and rousting everyone on that patio. They acted like the Gestapo. They were a renegade organization then, and still one under their new name, TABC. Azzholes in 1961, and still a bunch of renegade Azzholes in 2017. If you get the idea I don't care for these bastards, you are right!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I remember being at the old Lake Austin inn when I was a 16 year old. We were out riding in a buddy's pickup and we drove through the parking lot. They had a big patio and it was packed. Folks eating & drinking. All of a sudden you could've heard a pin drop! The ABC agents were there and rousting everyone on that patio. They acted like the Gestapo. They were a renegade organization then, and still one under their new name, TABC. Azzholes in 1961, and still a bunch of renegade Azzholes in 2017. If you get the idea I don't care for these bastards, you are right!
    Well your attitude is kind of common. I'm still (unsuccessfully) trying to find someone who has something nice to say about TABC. It's certainly not me.

Top Bottom